Have you ever had a date where the girl felt obligated to go on one with you?

Because she felt too bad to turn you down outright (because she'd known you for a while or other reasons) and also felt that one date should be enough? I had one of those recently...I figured it out during the date that she didn't really give a sh*t. And looking back at her behavior leading up to it, the signs were all there. Kind of made me angry afterwards...like, it was as if she thought she was gracing me with her presence or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• Can't speak for all girls, but I have done this (once) myself. We'd been chatting for ages, and getting on really well. But the majority of our talking was via text or Facebook. We were both flirting when talking in text, but that really wasn't there in real life. He asked me out, and at first I was genuinely really excited, but after a little bit of time on the date realized there was actually nothing there (on my side at least) Didn't want to leave after 5 minutes, but did feel pretty bad for carrying on the date without being interested...

Know this isn't really all that relevant, but she might not have had harsh intentions from the start. But she definitely shouldn't have ignored you afterwards

• so you decided within the first couple minutes? Also, I knew her, and in your case it seems that you didn't really know the guy. But yeah, she has point blank ignored me since.

• I think you can tell pretty quickly if there's nothing there..thought hopefully my opinion would change, but you kinda know when you aren't being attracted to someone :/

That's harsh. You're probably better off without her, if she's gonna act like this.. You say you could see the signs retrospectively, how well did you know her? If you're friends maybe you should speak to her about her behavior , cause it's not really okay

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, vice versa. I was forced to since he was sincere.

• I've gone to a dance with a guy who probably felt obliged to go with me because he was too nice it sucked because he eventually left me to dance with a counceler and everything was awkward after that

• I remember my ex (we were still friends then) told me that his friend, let's call him K, wanted to go to formal with me. K and I were friends but he had a huge crush on me, to the point where when we were just talking he'd randomly say 'I have the biggest boner, it's hurts' or 'I'm so horny.' On top of that K is fat too. Even though I didn't want to - I felt bad and went to formal with him, he was so happy. The thing is, he never talked OR danced with me the whole night and I was his date.

What Guys Said 4

• Yup. It was weird too because at first I heard from a lot of people that she was really excited about it, then she postponed, the date went really well but she rushed out of my car like she was afraid I'd lean in and afterward she completely ignored me/acted like we never went on a date.

I don 't care if she doesn't want to be with me just be honest... Jeez...

• WOW. Nearly same exact situation with me, down to a T. Including the part where she's ignored me afterward like we don't even know each other.

• Oh yeah, had my share of pity dates. Poor girls too, I wish I was more considerate back then.

• More considerate?

• see, the problem is that I didn't know that she really didn't want to go until I actually showed up. If I had known that, I wouldn't have done it since it would've been a waste of time for everybody. But the fact that she said OK and tried to make her schedule matchup made me think she actually wanted to.

• Yeah, I get you. Most of the time, I could tell she really didn't want to go, but still insisted and she either couldn't or wouldn't say no.

• Yea - you learn from this- girls get so much attention they think them letting you buy them stuff is a gift.

• I swear to god, she thought she was gracing me with her presence. I was like "what the hell!?!?!"

• Never,lol. That sounds horrible.

• it was. There's nothing worse than showing up and then within a couple minutes realizing that she's already determined you have no chance and she thinks she's doing you a favor.