Not what I expected at all. I suppose we've been friends for a couple years but this was the first time we did anything one-on-one. In the beginning she talked about how good she looked (she looks good, but not THAT good), the different compliments guys had been giving her about her eyes and face and smile. And then later on she was talking about guys who were hitting on her and who she's been hanging out with and those who wanted to hang out with her.
And then at the end, she talked about her ex. And the whole time I got the vibe from her that she felt she was doing me a favor by being out with me, like she was gracing me with her presence or something.
Can my instincts be that off? I mean, I got way turned off by her. Like I lost a lot of interest.
Most Helpful Guy
Nope your instincts are crucial to find out what you're dealing with.
This girl had a high ego. Due to the amount of guys pursuing her, kisssing her butt, and buying her things. She's been put on the pedestal.
If I were in your situation, a couple things would have happen, based on circumstances:
1) I would have acted aloof and checked out other girls. Then I would have used her as a wing woman to potentially get a different one.
2) I would have walked out on her and spared my time if nothing good was gonna happen
3) I would have had her buy me drinks or dinner. Hey, if she's gonna run her mouth like that, she can at least buy me something to make me feel like my time isn't being wasted
4) Tease her, neg her, and bring her attitude back down to earth.
5) Changed the subject over to what I want to talk about. Not what she has to say.
This girl may have been putting this show on because, deep down inside, she's insecure with herself.0