Would you date a guy if he does not want kids?

You are dating a guy and really like him. In conversation, he says he does not want kids. Would you continue to date him and change your mind about having kids or do you dump him? Let;s say you were dating him for 2-3 years and he changes his mind or you just find out, or maybe thinking you can change his mind later? Women, what would you do? I am currently not dating anyone, but do not want kids and when is the appropriate time to tell a woman you do not want any kids?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want kids and my guy does. go figure lol.. I would date a guy who didn't want them. hell id take this body

link

over this

link

or this

link

any day of the week

• was the first picture of you?

• Shoot! lol I am sure you have a hot body! lol

• I have my flaws as does everyone but my boyfriend thinks my body is perfect lol.. thanks :) and good luck. I notice you are 47. usually at that age or women close to it don't want kids if they haven't already had them or they can't do to advanced age so I'm sure you won't have any issues.

What Girls Said 12

• I think that's definitely something to be up front about from the start. If you're 100% decided, that's probably something she'll want to know right away. Depending on whether or not she wants kids, your feelings will either make you a great match or create an enormous conflict down the road. I don't see any benefit to waiting to tell her.

• No I wouldn't, because we don't have the same goals in life. Having children at some point is super important to me.

• Date him yes! MArry him NO!... NEver ever for one second think that you can change someone of their way of thinking. IF for us it's hard to change our mind when it's set on something and we I mean WE are multitaskers and smarter than men in so many ways... it's hard and most likely he will not change his mind for you. BEcause it's one thing that he loves you. But kids are a completely different train to ride on. Because he is the one that it's going to need to spend time with them and love them and teach them. SO it's his decision and its not a good idea to force it.

• I am just curoius is to why you would dated him still? I mean, I was getting fixed up with some woman by accident and the thing was that I did not see her picture. Long story, but my Mom says to me that I should go out with her anyway and I do not need to marry the woman. I said why would I want to start to date someone I may not be attracted to and then maybe she likes me? Why would you date someone if you know they do not want kids? Why start the relationship?

• Having kids for me isn't the most important thing in the world but I'd want a partner who is open to the possibility. That being said if they're completely against it then I think I'd have to second guess us being together. It isn't fair to think that your partner will just change their mind for you.

I think you should make that clear from the beginning lest you want a constant argument with a partner. Also, it'll make things very difficult if you don't tell them from the start. Both you and her will be annoyed and confused if you don't see eye to eye but the earlier you make things clear the earlier a compromise can be made.

• I wouldn't get serious with him or marry him. But id date him a little while for fun

• That's what I prefer. I would date him... - My intentions are to have a long lasting healthy (if possible) relationship. Without kids, makes it even better.

I would tell her on the second or perhaps, third date. Some girls would figure the guy would change his mind down the road. -_-"

• I'm still pretty young (22) so even if we disagreed on the concept I would still date him. However, if we got serious and he still wasn't leaning in that direction I would probably end it.

May seem dumb, but that's what I would do.

• I just have to ask, why date him then? I think it is everyones goal to become serious, even if it dosen't.

• fair question. I guess right now my life is really up in the air and I don't have a clear path for the future. I'm young, I'm still in college, I'm not sure job-wise what I'll be doing when I graduate in the spring (if I'll move or not, ect). Right now I'm not in the place really to have a serious relationship. I mean, if it becomes serious that's great, but I"m not expecting every guy I go out with to be down on one knee in a year if you know what I mean.

• Makes sense!

• I think you should be open and upfront about it. This is an important topic and couples do break up over this issue quite often. There are many women out there who have the same goals in life like you... just keep searching for them until the right one comes along.

If you have a minute, I would be curious what your thoughts would be about my question. You are the same age group as my date. Thanks in advance and good luck!

• Forgot to add that my question was posted today under "17 years age difference... what does this email mean?". Your insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• I don't want kids

• It depends on my prerogative. If I was looking to settle down and really felt a connection with the guy, I would probably call it off and move on. If I just enjoyed his company and hanging out, but nothing too serious and couldn't see a life with him, then I would still date him.

• Dump him

Family is important to me

• I wouldn't date him for long

I'd never get serious with him since I know I eventually want kids

What Guys Said 2

• Many times guys start with not wanting kids (when they're rather young and are easily convinced 10 years later.

• That is true, but that could create a problem and no for sure that he would want kids. I am 47, so I know I do not want any. I thought the same way of what you said when I was younger, but my mind never changed.

• You can be in another situation, that I am living at the moment. I have always told my girlfriend that I didn't want kids, and now she starts to push me to get some, which is making me going towards a future break-up.

• does or did she think that when you got older, you would and then you guys might be serious and she wants to change your mind?

• That's what she's thinking in my opinion.