Ladies - is a non-drinker blind date a complete deal-breaker?

Suppose you are set up on a date such that you don't know much about the guy. You go out on a casual dinner or lunch date and you discover that the guy does not drink alcohol and has never done so in his life. Would you want to socialize with that guy again. I don't reLly mean in terms of a relationship; I just mean to have a friend to hang out and have fun with.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't see that being a problem. I don't drink a lot myself and probably would not drink on a first date like that anyways. I have a few friends (male and female) who choose not to drink for whatever reason, and we always have fun while out doing something or just hanging out.

• Cool ! BTW, are you a music freak? As year name suggests?

• Yes, I'm a music major in university. Flute is my main instrument and I'd like to be a teacher.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as long as he didn't care if I had a drink. To me, it's like going out with a man that smokes cigarettes-- I'd really prefer he didn't, but it's not a deal breaker and I'm not going to try change who he is.

• Is he okay if I drink? If so, it's no problem. People can be fun without alcohol.

• I would have no problem with it. I just had two dates with someone who does not drink at all. I actually like that. Much better than someone who drinks often.

Could you please comment on my question if you do not mind. I would be interested in your opinion. You sound like a responsible person.

• Nice to read your comment. Thanks.

I sent you a request. You may ask me there.

• I don't drink either so we are good

• Your simple answer somehow made me feel real good. Thanks..

What Guys Said 0