How are people boyfriend and girlfriend without going on a date?

I kept seeing questions on Yahoo saying "Going out on my first date with my bf..." and other ones like that.

How can you consider someone your boyfriend or girlfriend without going out on a date with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they re just young and excited about their first boyfriend/girlfriend.

Or perhaps they re already friends and now they want to go out on a first actual official date.

Or maybe they liked it other for a long time and decided to become bf/gf... Who knows who cares!

What Guys Said 3

• We live in a crazy society. But yeah, I agree with you on the lack of sense in such a statement.

• I think it's pretty simple really. 2 people meet, they hangout, do things together like walk, study, talk and have conversation, ect. I guess it also depends on how the 2 people met, Like if it were at work or something of that nature then I could only see one way to get to know the other person and that would be a date. I don't know its different for everyone, I am usually friends with the girls I end up with before dating is even thought of. It just kind of works its way into a relationship.

• Those people are probably immature about the situation and don't even realize what's going on.

What Girls Said 2

• If you spend time with someone, you can start dating them before you've gone on a formal date.

It probably depends on your definition of date. Is a "date" hanging out at someone's house? Or going out to dinner?

It makes perfect sense to me.

• maybe they were friends for a long time or classmates and they decided they like each other and want to be in a relationship because they were close already. I see how it is possible.