When a text conversation gets awkward?

What do you say? Do you have any go to phrases, not respond or just change the subject? I need some help here.

If you all were wondering what was so awkward I just answered on fefe884's question. It's kinda funny now that I look back at it.

Thanks for the answers everybody!

Most Helpful Girl

• I reckon you should just end it there, " it was nice talking to you, catchya around." or something like that..So you don't just leave the person hanging.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends...if it's a serious topic that is awkward, then I just face the heat and reply as solemnly as possible. Solemn in texts refer to no emoticons, no exclamation marks, every sentence will have a full-stop, obviously no jokes, make it very formal. If it's any other kind of awkwardness, I let the person know how awkward it's getting or I change the subject with .."o...k? Annnnyway, *some other subject*...".

But I've gotta say, I'm very curious to know what the awkwardness was lol

• A 23 year old woman wasn't kidding when she asked me to go trick or treating with her as a shirtless cowboy and was wondering how much candy we will get because she has a serious sweet tooth.

I just met her the night before.

• I usually just don't reply if it's someone I don't know very well. If it's a guy that I'm interested in, I'll probably point out how awkward the conversation got and blame him for it :) That naturally leads to a change in subject

• It depends what made it awkward but usually I would just not reply or I'd completely change the subject.

• if that happens to me, I just change the subject but I'm trying not to make it obvious that its just so awkward to me lol

• I would try to make it lightly humorous, but if that doesn't work I would start up a new topic.

• If it gets that awkward I just pick up the phone and call... humor can work, but if it's something important it's hard to skip over

What Guys Said 5

• A few prases:

1) Are you at the movie theater now? Forces them to say where they are

..

2)Did you know ( ) was gay? Forces them to elt you know how ell they know ( ) person...

3) Did you break up with ( )? Forces them to talk about their relationship with ( ) and their relationship status in general...

• I don't text back, lo

• Embrace the awkwardness and keep talking by changing a subject, talking about the awkwardness itself, say I'm sleepy or have homework, ect. ect.

• I say something along the lines of

"Aaaaanyways lol"

thats it

• "oh what I would do to get into your pants rights"