What is your idea of a good first date?

where would you want to go, what would you want to do? what would be perfect friendly setting that would make a good first impression and would make you want to date again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Something light and no pressure. Dinner and a movie is too much for a first date. The beach is too much. I'm outdoorsy and an ideal first date for me would be spent just hanging out at a park. It'd be a date because it'd be just the two of us, but it'd be in a no pressure environment where we could just relax and have fun. And no, I don't need to be kissed afterwards.

What Girls Said 7

• Something simple is the way to go lol don't over do it. Just make sure you make whatever your doing fun. I wouldn't reccomend a movie because you don't have much time to actually talk and bond. So dinner most deff and something simple. If you know any of her hobbies take that into consideration too(:

• Yeah, I'm going with everyone else here and saying skip the movie. No time for conversation, really. And dinner would be okay I think only if the conversation keeps going. Awkward silences are... awkward.

Do something that is neutral to both of your interests/hobbies. Look for events or festivals that are happening in your area or a nearby city that you could both check out (a lot of these are free or relatively cheap too!), bowling, pool, or something else that will let you talk to each other/get to know each other more, but also fill in any silent moments (if any). And then if it all went well, maybe go out for drinks afterward (or coffee/tea if one of you doesn't drink).

All relatively cheap, really fun, and things that I would have loved to do on a first date. I never had an "official" first date, so if I could do it all over again I'd definitely enjoy any of these activities.

• First I'll say that I don't think seeing a movie on a first date is a good idea, even if you also have dinner. Watching a movie doesn't really require any effort, encourage bonding with the other person, or give you something to talk about (until after the movie). You can't really learn about each other through watching a movie... but later on, it's okay.

I think going to a museum, outdoor concert (so you can still talk and hear each other), the zoo, or a botanical garden are some good ideas. Maybe go to a sports bar, play pool and darts. Or play some board games outside while you have a picnic. It can be simple and cheap and still give both of you a good time.

• you sound expensive lol yeah that all sounds good except I live in a little hick town. populace of about 8000

• How am I expensive? lol. Most of those things have a pretty low cost where I live. Maybe it's higher where you are, though. But essentially... I'd like a simple date more than one where the guy is trying to be super extravagant... an expensive dinner won't make a guy's personality any better.

• Exploring downtown. I love adventures and it would be a nice way to just have fun and relax with each other.

• The Zoo, or a picnic, or food and drinks, or a fair , or bowling or to a place to eat with a great view. Make sure that it's something you both can get to know one another. Just be a good listener and engage in the convo as well, if you let her do all the talking and you only say a few sentences she'll think you are not interested. Smile don't have a serious face on. Be chill.

• This cute restaurant near by, a stroll in the park, maybe the zoo too :)

Maybe cut the park if the zoo is involved

• My dream date (which I'll probably never get to go on) would be first to go to the Humane Society and volunteer to play with the cats and dogs, then go out dessert, not dinner, just dessert.

What Guys Said 4

• Something short and simple like coffee I think makes a decent first date. Not ridiculous amounts of money being spent, you get the advantage of being able to talk like if you went to dinner without actually dealing with the BS of going to dinner. Your don't have to stick around a long time (waiting til the meal or movie's done) if things aren't going that well. If things do go well you can always go for a walk or something after. It's not nearly as personal as taking someone to the movies, you can just call/text them up and ask if they wanna have some coffee and meet at your local shop (especially handy if one or both of you doesn't drive, you can just bus or cab down to meet them no worries about not being able to pick them up because it's so casual). Being that it is quite casual you don't need to worry about dressing fantastically either. It's just all around a good and easy thing to initiate contact with a person.

• One date that I've always thought about taking a girl on ( the girls can weight in on this) would be rock climbing. There is big rock climbing place near me that is a lot of fun and I used to go to all the time. I figure its unique so some girls might think its a cool idea. The only thing is since its a physical activity, it might cause you to sweat and obviously your not going to wear your nicest clothes, so that's the downside I can see women not liking.

• good question

• I always want to know where to go too. I never been on a date : (