Why would the guy I once was close to not want to say hi when his new girlfriend pointed me out?

This guy and I never dated but we were close mates..things ended badly due to his new girlfriend asking me questions about our relationship before they began dating... I found her line of questioning invasive and I deleted her from my Facebook... my guy friend got so upset I deleted her and I told her we were just business partners... he sent me an email, telling me I was thick as a brick and was very jealous of her etc.. then ended the email.. ps you were more than just business to me

I haven't spoken to him in over a year but the new girlfriend has spotted me twice and pointed me to him.He told her not to call or bring me over. I have written him an email thanking him for coming into my life.. I heard nothing back.i sent him a happy birthday message on his phone.. he replied who's this and I wrote who I was.. he wrote thank you :) Christmas last year I sent him a card with a friendship poem and I didn't hear back. I'm in love with him,but I never told him.
It turns out the new girl friend is still keeping a close eye and tabs on me, even though I haven't been in contact with my guy friend...she's been stalking my Facebook page and looking at my pics...not to mention she has bought the same pair of earrings and has started doing her hair like mine...i don't get why? she has him...he wants nothing to do with me, I was told by him a year ago...i don't get why she is still in competition mode, I'm no threat to her...

Most Helpful Guy

• Her line of questioning as well as them sharing information about you. Seems to me like she was jealous of you. No matter what the relationship was between you and him before this. It sounds like he did not hide the fact that he thought of you as a "GOOD" friend sparked her questioning and his harsh reaction towards you.

Although a lot seems to be missing from this question. My answer would be he wouldn't say hi because he is under a close watch from his jealous girlfriend!

even tho he still didn't sound like he wanted things to end between you two.

• I was in love with this guy but I never told him... I'm a very shy and old school kind of girl..when he came into my life I lost my dad and I was having doubts about my profession, then the same happened with him a year later when I was on the verge of finding my feet again and finding my happy... we stopped talking for year... back then he was only mates with her...then I got sick and had an operation... I swallowed my pride and went to his birthday party that was advertised on Facebook

• we spoke on Facebook and he wanted his kettle bell he lent me... I waited till I was able to carry the kettle bell to bring it to him... he's business parter was a d***.i heard him tell him, he didn't like me and I put on weight and I was weird...i never said anything to his business parter... I gave my friend his kettle bell back and I was about to leave and he asked if I could stay for his class... during his class the current girlfriend was there but they were mates.he was flirting with her.

• I got annoyed but never said anything.she added me on Facebook and wanted me to read her tarots.i picked up on the fact she was into him.then she was asking about my relationship with him was etc.i found her line of questioning to confrontal considering we just reconnected recently.so I told her I was a student and a read for him and she has no competition.she went and told him and then I deleted her.he got upset I deleted her then sent me the email I was thick as a brick etc now they're dating

What Guys Said 1

• 1. As a girlfriend he expected her to be nit picking, envious, jealous etc and so should you have

2. You have every right to delete or add anyone anywhere in your life - its your life. Neither he nor anyone else has a right to tell you what to do and when.

3. If a woman who is close to a man or vice versa gets a boyfriend or girlfriend respectively, the boyfriend/girlfriend are bound to as natural order is begin checking on who and why they are close to if they are of the opposite gender (unless we are talking gay here) - this is a natural thing

4. Both of you (him and you) should have expected this even if not surely

5. It would have made more sense if you'd talked to him about her intrusive behavior and your discomfuture towards such questioning.

5.1. You probably didn't and took a call to delete her on your own which I'd say isn't right morally etc but since he was the common point for both of you, you should have told / discussed with him first (not about the deletion but about her intrusive ways)

5.2. Since you didn't do that he's felt betrayed by a friend as normally anyone would while she's been jealous of you as any girlfriend would ;)

• i did send him an email previously telling him of her intrusive behavior but he turned the whole thing around saying I was jealous, and need to learn compassion etc ... I think he just wanted me out of his life...

• If he purposely misreads what you state and misquotes you, then he's probably just trying to please his girlfriend by belitting you to let her know that he likes her more.

In which case he was maybe a 'buddy' never a 'friend' - lose him

• Sounds like he must have liked you a bit himself with that comment about business partners otherwise he wouldn't have got upset. The other part is because his partner is jealous and she is putting pressure on him to stop communicating with you. This is the part a lot of women don't realize when they think guys are jerks.

What Girls Said 2

• wow , so he is hurt,you were only trying to reassure his girlfriend that you were not a threat...if you were jealous of her you would have not been as thick as a brick..he had way more feelings for you then you did him and he is hurt by that.I would just send him an email explaining that you were only trying to reassure his girlfriend that you were no threat to the relationship and tell him it wasn't meant as an insult then leave it alone.I don't think you are wrong here I believe SHE is more jealous then you will ever be..she kind of caused this.

• I got annoyed but never said anything.she added me on Facebook and wanted me to read her tarots.i picked up on the fact she was into him.then she was asking about my relationship with him was etc.i found her line of questioning to confrontal considering we just reconnected recently.so I told her I was a student and a reader for him. and she had no competition.she went and told him and then I deleted her.he got upset I deleted her then sent me the email I was thick as a brick etc now they are datin

• its so obvious,she is distracted with you because in her gut she feels he may be distracted with someone else,you are the only one she is suspecting but I feel that there is another girl in the pic and if she is too busy worrying that its you he is out having fling w someone else..tell her to watch him not you...

• He's the kind of guy that has lots of females hanging around him... I know he's in to blond slim curvy girls around his own age... he told me that's his type and was honest cause there was a story behind it...this girl is only 20 ish and he's 35 with dark brown hair...

• i just don't get why she's still keeping tabs on me when I have cut the connection from him...she has pointed me out to him twice in the street and he told her not to call me over and to lower her voice...i stopped and turned around for a sec and then kept walking...i know he has a lot go girls around him and probably pining over another girl , but I don't see him cheating... we have spoken about this and he's ex girlfriend did it to him and he was cut... he's ex is engaged, she could be married

• He's also checks my Facebook paige and if I need motivation to go to the gym, he puts on his business paige inspirational clips.during one our previous heart to heart chats, when I told him about my ex putting me second and I told him back then I wish he had put me first.on one of my status I wrote recently I wish I was first on someones list and not always second.he wrote on his business paige under the Christmas party invite:just because you don't get an official invite, doesn't mean want you ok