What's with girls and smileys?

I've been texting a girl I found out happened to really like me a while ago, she has a boyfriend but since she found out I liked her back she really stressed the fact that she liked me ...a lot. anyway do you usually put in a lot of smileys in your texts or is that just normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmmm sometimes girls really like attention from men. If she has a boyfriend and the fact you told her you liked her has had time to sink in and she still hasn't left him for you, odds are she just really wants the attention. This is a reversal of she's just not that into you if...

• mmmk.. well shortly after she found out I liked her, she said she's been having problems with her bf

• Doesn't count, she's stringing you on. If you've made it clear you would date her if she was single and she still hasn't left her man then it's just to string you along.

What Girls Said 2

• women are emotional, thus we use emoticons lol I use them with everyone but I only use the one with eye lashes when I flirt

• normal for me, whether they are just a friend or more.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah, it's friggin lame :P