Do I have a right to be offended?

So this guy I am friends with and I were texting earlier and he told me he was watching The Grudge at a Halloween party so I replied that I was watching Magic Mike. Well he jokingly,I assume,text back that I was a slut for watching it.

I know it was a joke but I am just a tad pissed off about it. It sounds stupid and normally I wouldn't be bothered by this kind of comment from him.

Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Guy

• If he said it, he meant it and covered it with a joke. It does not sound stupid. Tell him you don't like the word slut and never to imply, use or other wise make you feel joked at in that way if he respects you.

The reason I suggest this is, your feelings are important. If you dismiss, later you will compromise and keep pushing your feelings aside.

Good luck,

• The thing is we joke around about it all the time and it didn't bother me until last night. =/

What Guys Said 2

• Be offended if you want to be, but he was obviously trying to make a joke

• Yes you have a right to be offended. The term slut gets thrown around all over the places these days. It is so over used. I can see why your offended and you have every right to be. It is fair enough you are a tad pissed off. Don't worry it does not sound stupid.

• I do have a thought of why you might be offended this time and why you were not last night.

What Girls Said 2

• Well think about it this way. When guys jokingly call EACH OTHER sluts, it's usually a compliment, a term of endearment. He might just not understand that it means something different and usually negative to most girls.

• i'd be offended too. not enough to overreact or something...but that's an immature low joke.