Why won't he step up and kiss me?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two months. For some reason he is afraid to kiss me. I'll admit that he does give me 'petty kisses' ( on the forehead, cheek, etc.) But that's as far as it goes.

When I asked him about it, he said that he didn't know how to kiss a girl. He is a junior in high school (I'm a sophomore) and has had girlfriends before. How could that be possible?! He says that he wants to 'take it slow' but I'm afraid that it's something more than that.

Please give me some advice on how to approach this situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you consider taking the initiative?

• I thought about it but I'm an old fashioned kind of girl. And isn't the guy supposed to do it?

• Is that written somewhere? I remember a very shy girl at a club party: she sought eye contact, a smile+ an asking/inviting move from her , I nodded yess and about 30" later she sat on my lap and we were kissing. (and that was loooong before you were born:D) It lasted a few months between us.

What Guys Said 2

• I had girlfriends in high school, but didn't actually kiss or anything. We gave each other a simple quick kiss, but we never really kissed or french kissed each other. To this day I haven't french kissed a girl. I don't think it is odd for his not to know how. Just take the lead and start slow and he will catch on quick...i hop! lol

He is probably just scared of doing it wrong and you possibly thinking he is weird or laughing at him.

• he may just be self concious... a lot of lads care about things like that and they will never say it. talk ti him about it and maybe suggest that you's "practice"

What Girls Said 0