Girls, what is your reaction to a text from a guy you're not interested in?

do you respond fully? do you reply but with short answers? or do you not respond at all? if you have a different response, please write the answer out, thanks!

• Respond with full answer
    24% (17)12% (3)21% (20)Vote
  • Reply with short and brief response
    58% (42)33% (8)52% (50)Vote
  • Don't respond at all
    18% (13)55% (13)27% (26)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
okay, not the answer I was hoping for...so what's a sign of interest?
can I have an example of a short answer?
what if the guy you did not like flirted through a text, THEN what would your reaction be?
did everyone read the question right? a text from a guy you're NOT interested in? lol

0|0
11|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Like some have said, it really just depends on the girl, and her relationship WITH the guy. Usually, when its a guy I like, I try to keep things interesting and the conversation going. Like if we hit a dead end, I would think of something else to keep it going, and I use lots of smileys. If its a friend, I usually still respond with full sentences, but if the conversation does get a little slow, or boring, sometimes I just don't bother texting back. Now if I really don't like a guy, and he texts me 24/7 and I find him really annoying, I respond with short replies, and after awhile I just stop texting him all together. A short answer would be like, cool :) or that's nice, or just anything like that. But at the same time, some girls just aren't big texters. I think one thing to look for is how much she texts YOU first, and her tendency to randomly stop texting you without saying goodbye or anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • If he flirted through text and I liked him, I would likely respond with smiley faces and I would say flirty things back, if he flirted with me and I did not like him, then I would probably just kind of change the subject, maybei would put a smiley but I would not flirt back, I would just kind of change the direction of the conversation ha.

What Girls Said 10

• i don't like putting myself out there too much, so I would just keep it short and sweet

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the girl I guess, me being a very talkative person I reply with very long answers, unless of course its someone I CAN NOT stand that gave me a reason to not like them, but I like most people so I respond fully, unless I'm in a bad mood, then its simple but its usually full even if I'm not interested in them, or if its someone I don't talk I'm quite shocked, lol

1|0
    0|0
  • sorry I read the question wrong, it really depends, if he is a friend, but I'm not interested in him I would give him a full answer, if it was a guy I thought was annoying and gross, I probably wouldn't text him at all, if I did it would be a short answer.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted C but I would only do that if the guy was creepy-i would just ignore him but if it wasn't a creepy guy then I would feel rude ignoring him so I would probs wait a few hours until I responded and then just say I'm busy and make excuses up if he ever asked me out.

0|0
    0|0
  • if he flirted, id likely flirt back unless I didn't know him that well. if he was some random dude, I wouldn't reply at all. if we were SORTA friends, I'd reply shortly. unless I really liked the guy as a friend (or more, but that's not the case I see) I wouldn't reply fully.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way I've responded in the past is by keeping the message normal/civil and making sure I don't say anything that sounds like I'm flirting

0|1
    0|0
  • i'd reply with a brief response.

i think its rude not to reply but I don't wanna seem interested.

short responses are the best way to go,its just polite

0|0
    0|0
  • If I don't like the guy and I know he likes me I would say "hi" instead of an extremely happy "heyy [name/nickname] ! ". Not too many exclamation marks and I'd probably end it with a 'ciao' or 'byee' [name], instead of xx or kisses.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not going to be a bitch just because I don’t want him and if he gets annoying I will but that’s only win he gets annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • she tries to keep the convo going, lol

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I am a guy that voted B, because that's what happened with a girl and I a while ago. She just responded to a few text/IM messages here and there. Then I stopped talking to her all together. Then the tables turned, and she became desperate to talk to me, but by then, I had already moved on.

0|0
    0|0