Why would an ex say this guys?

I'm having trouble with this. My ex broke up with me about 10 months ago. Whom I really cared about and gave him everything. I did love him a lot. Still do...He really hurt me and broke up with me. He knows it. Dated a girl after me whom he really fell for but she screwed him over really bad. Cheated on him. Broke up with him.

He came out to a club his sister and our friend's go to tonight. I saw him and talked to him. Small talk. I haven't seen him in about 2 months. Which was good for me. I started to forget him.

He's been messaging me and texting me for the past week. Asking how I am...The thing which is bothering me is after he left tonight he texted me" I'm gonna swallow my pride and tell you that you looked very beautiful tonight"... What does that really mean?

After that I said "I get that a lot ;)" Just joking round then thanked him. He said I deserve a good guy. I hope I knew that. Said I was better off without him and he deserved everything that he got from his recent ex after me...

Guys, why would he text me this? Telling me I looked beautiful...Especially when he knows how I feel. Just brought back feelings...I know I should have ignored it but I couldn't resist and now I'm confused. Maybe I'm thinking to much. Trying my hardest to move on. I'm sry I'm just heartbroken still...Some advice and input would be nice from anyone...

oops...wrong thread...sry...

Most Helpful Guy

• He is preying on your vunerable status and telling you things he knows will get you second guessing why you feel the way you do about him, but you need to make sure that he is aware that you are aware that you deserve better, and will continue to get better, because if he realizes you still like him, he will use you like before, he only wants what he cannot have, but once you give it to him, he will return to be the jerk you know him as. Don't let him into your life again, if he wants to meet up, tell him that its not a good idea because your current boyfriend wouldn't like it, he will then go away, he will realize his chance was blown with you when he dumped you, he will then realize he made a mistake, but you will go on to bigger and better things, an ex should always remain an ex, make sure he realizes your not damaged because of him, you just expect better things in men because of him, and going backwards is not an option for you,good luck,x

What Guys Said 3

• How did it feel the first time he stomped your heart? Well he did not finish the job and is back. Do not be a fool.

The fact that his girl dumped him shows that the law of attraction is in play for you to bring home pain makes you a fool.

Everything is does is to see how desperate you are.

Good luck,

• Never look back when you've been dumped. Ever. Stay away. No complicated explanation needed.

• This is a perfect sign of a comeback...the guy tells you such things to gain some sympathy and after the ironing he got from his ex he realizes that you were better and is pushing hard to be with you again, he will continue such acts and it's up to you if you want him back or not...

What Girls Said 2

• Man. I've been there. It's really tough.. I hope your doing okay. What I would say about it is.. he probably is feeling like he made a dumb decision to leave you.. He probably is feeling sorry about it, and everything. But, it doesn't necessarily mean that he wants you back.. in fact, I know that a lot of guys do this thing that when they feel insecure about where they stand, they try to get into your head.. its a security thing to them, the idea that IF the decide they "need" you.. they can run back.. he might just be trying to keep you stuck, so he has options.. He might really miss you. But, would you be able to trust him? Before you think about what HE wants, you should think about what YOU want.. be strong.. xx good luck!

• This guy sounds like a real jerk.