Is it possible that my boyfriend will dump me if I don't "need" him enough?

We have a great time together on our lunch dates, dinner dates, and movie dates, etc.

We're both graduate students in different fields (his is mor demanding) so neither of us are rich.

I read that guys need to 'be needed' but I don't need my boyfriend for anything other than driving me on our dates, spending time with me and our physical stuff ;-)

I'm afraid that if I'm not more demanding (like some other girls) he'll leave me.

• Yes, he needs to know he is indispensable.
  • No, just driving you and making you laugh is 'needed' enough
  • See answer

What Guys Said 1

• You know that needy crap gets old.

If he is weak like that, then you go out and get him a dog that always needs him, what do you say? I know a guy like that, he is a wimp his ex has him wrapped and whipped.

Good luck,

What Girls Said 1

• No. I don't believe so. =/ if that's what you mean. I mean it's nice to be needed and feel wanted. Girls leave guys for not feeling needed or wanted =/ so I don't see why a guy would feel any different even if he admitted or not. lol. You can talk to him about it if you think there is a problem.