How long does it take to text back?

if you are in a relationship, how long do you think your partner should take to text you back.

is it reasonable if it takes him over an hr.?

and do you think this could affect the relationship say if you would like a text return within a certain time otherwise you would get worry

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to decide in your relationship, what the standards are and that includes texting.

In my opinion, we all have different lives so a 24 hour response is acceptable.

For example: If I get in a relationship, and my girl blows up my phone because I didn't response for the fact that I was working, then I tells me my girl has "attachment" issues. And it is something I need to sit down and talk about with her.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on if he's the texting type. I've been in relationships where texting was normal, and ones where calling was the norm.

• Some people are not the texting type. Some don't even keep the cell handy all the time. Depending on the situation, work may not allow texting while on job. I am just teying to find reasons why someone would not respond. Of course, the undesirable last cud be that he does not care about you getting worried and wants you to get over the habit of texting to check if he is ok.

• Some people are flaky or just don't like to respond to texts. In my relationship we would text back usually from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

• see that makes sense to me since we are always carrying our phones.

What Girls Said 3

• I think establishing rules on this is very dangerous ground. Why are you so worried about how long it takes to answer? Mobile phones are very convenient, but they're also very annoying. Just because you can get a message to someone instantly doesn't mean they're in the mood to reply. He could be busy, he could be enjoying time alone, he could be catching up with mates, or doing any of a number of things. Just because he's seen your message does not mean it's a convenient time. The issue isn't how long he takes to reply; the issue is why don't you trust him?

• If I know he's not busy - Less than 5 minutes. Unless, him or I have been having phone issues..

- If it's over 3 hours.. (And he didn't let me know that he was going to be busy.) Then yes, I would get worried.

• i have the perfect relationship, we are both more than happy its the best relationship either of us have ever been in. its the relationship we have always wanted. As for how long should it take for him to text back, I know thier has been days that I don't text back at all.. He just told me the longest I have ever gone with out texting him back was three days, and the longest he has ever gone with out textin me back was a day... and we don't fight over it, it don't say anything abour our relationship it says that we are busy people or that we just don't feel like texting/talking ... don't worry about it.. and if you want one of them relationships where your stuck up each others asses all the time then I guess you should freak out an start asking him what's wrong

• i guess living in the same household makes a bit different, when there are things that does involve ea. other on a daily basis.

how long have you two been with ea. other?

• we have been togeather almost 4 years, we have a very diffrent relationship but it works for us. and we wouldn't change it for the world. f you guys live togeather then it shouldn't matter if he text you back at all.. I mean your going to see him at the end of the day anyways so just talk to him then why text at all. when your away from each other that's your time..