Are first dates always awkward for you?

I think everything about first dates is awkward! Especially the end of it where he walks you to your door--- should you kiss, should you not?

Ugh it's so awkward and uncomfortable lol

No matter how much I like the guy, I just think it's always strange.

Just went on a first date with this guy whom I've been talking to for a while and the ending was so awkward! But I still really like him :)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Of the vast amount of first dates I've been on (3) every one was awkward for some reason or another.

One was just awkward because I was young (15) and probably shouldn't have been dating at the time anyway.

One was awkward because he told me he loved me and tried to buy me ruby earrings and a matching necklace and ring.

And one was awkward because we'd known each other forever and had tried the whole fling thing before and it had blown up in our face. But we went on a date anyway. It was awkward at first because we didn't want to get hurt again, but by the end it was like the whole blow up break incident hadn't even happened.

And I'm going to marry that last one so I don't think I'll be having any more first dates :)

• It was awkward with my guy because we have known each other and been friends for like 6 years. Trying to make the transition is slightly awkward but we both really like each other so we w ill make it work... I hope ;).

Jk, it will work, he's very sweet. Just need to get past the nerves and get more comfortable getting closer to one another on that level.

Congrats to you and your guy! ;) :)

What Guys Said 4

• No, not always.

I'd say my first date with my wife went really well - we ended it with sex lol.

• For sure. First dates are really awkward, but really fun.

• Not really, I always bring my date to a relaxed setting and I always roll up with my bag of jokes :D

• all dates are awkwars for me

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, because it's hard to spend a lot of time alone with someone you don't know very well. And if you do know them well, then it's hard to see them in that way.

• that;s how it was, I know him well and like him but making that transition is kinda tricky! but he is a great guy, I just have to get used to the whole thing!

• I feel really awkward kissing him, we have not kissed yet. We went on one date, it went great but both of us were nervous and we decided to skip the kiss and go with a hug lol... but yeah that is what I am most nervous about honestly!

• I know what you mean. I went out with my best guy friend once and we were both really scared about kissing. Eventually we just agreed to try it and it worked out better than expected.

• without a doubt their awkward

• yes! only because I get super nervous and make it awkward haha. whoops

• First dates shouldn't matter that much. They are always awkward. Just be yourself and go on another date with him

• no, not always.