What do you like for a first date?

what would you like to do on a 1st date?

how long should it last?

how much should it cost & do you think the guy should pay if you eat?

would you go for lunch on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Early dates should be focused on communication. The purpose of them is to learn about each other and "interview" each other to see if you are compatible. It doesn't matter how much you are attracted to each other, or how you feel about each other, because if you aren't compatible, your relationship has no future.

So, the best early dates need to have LOTS of time where you can talk with each other comfortably. That means: movies aren't it.

I recommend people plan dates that cost very, very little. A good date isn't about spending money, it's about spending TIME with each other. You can go for a walk or a drive, go to a park or a beach or a bike ride, or sit at a coffee shop or in an outside table at a restaurant and just talk. One great first date was me taking the girl's dog with us for a walk to a park, where we flew a kite and talked to each other. We brought a simple picnic and probably spent $6. She said it was the best date she'd ever been on.

Yes, if you go out to eat, IMO, the guy should pay, unless there is a legit reason otherwise that you agree to in advance.

And going to a lunch date is fine. Many girls prefer that for a first date, so that the guy understands that he isn't going to be getting laid, or even a heavy make-out session, on the first date. They feel that having the date at night, in the dark, can give many guys the wrong idea.

Movies and expensive restaurants, flowers, and all that stuff, are for much later, when you're already in a relationship. Start simple, and you'll be much better off. Remember that you may find that the two of you aren't compatible after you start talking, and so if that happens, you'll be glad you had a simple, low-cost date that's easy to end. And if it works out, those dates are very romantic. It's a win/win!

What Guys Said 2

• A place where you and your date can interact easily with each other, talk and laugh. Its all about getting to know the other person, feeling things out :), what place you choose depends on what you like, and the other does as well; for me simpler is better, mini golf by the beach has proved quite effective :)

• sex

What Girls Said 2

• On first date I like to go to place where we can talk and know each other more, caffe' for example , or park and eat ice cream there if is nice weather .

I prefer to pay for myself alone , but boys never let me on first dates, so I think it's OK on first date but it it's second and next meetings girl should pay alone :)

• I like amusement parks!