Is it bad that he doesn't seem to understand my jokes?

Sometimes it's really awkward for me because he doesn't seem to understand my sense of humor. I suppose we haven't known each other that long (almost 3 months?), but you think he would have picked up on it by now... I sort of have very dry sarcasm and he can't tell when I am kidding or not.

Sometimes he doesn't say anything at all when I make a joke!

He definitely frequently does not reply to text message jokes. He doesn't reply to texts messages a lot of the time and it drives me nuts!

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Women typically aren't all that funny. Maybe he gets it, but just isn't laughing. That's only going to encourage you.

• haha what? we're not funny? Sad. yeah, he just doesn't really say much at all to anything I have to say. he just kind of goes uh huh a lot

• lol ...smh pffttt men

• weird...

What Guys Said 1

• It could be worse but a lot of people don't get dry humor.

• lol I guess. maybe he'll get used to it

What Girls Said 1

• It is problematic because sense of humor plays a large role in showing if your compatible or not. Of course, him not understanding your jokes doesn't necessarily mean your relationship is doomed (my mom is very sarcastic and my dad never gets it but they've been happily married for over 30 years).

As for texting, if he doesn't respond most of the time it probably means he doesn't like communicating that way. There are lots of people who don't like to text. They prefer to actually talk on the phone. Talk to him about how he likes to communicate when you aren't together.

• Oh. Good answer. I should ask him how he wants to communicate when we aren't together.. I kind of never thought of that? That's a little sad, but true. Yeah, I think it's strange he doesn't seem to get my sense of humor... it concerns me. It makes me feel like there is such a lack in our relationship