Why do guys refuse to get it?

Okay, so I'm still very young, and have some great friends around me who support me. But, some of the male ones keep asking me out. Now, dating scares me to the point of trembling, and I don't hold stock in high school relationships. Seems really superficial to me in (most) cases. I have made it clear that I am not ready, but they just keep assuming that I just need or want to date them. I make it as clear as I can, saying that I am not even close to being ready for a relationship, but I only get "You like me" and "You just need to be with someone who can help you figure yourself out" (i.e. him). I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. DATE. Probably not even until college. I'm not ready, but they refuse to see it. Any help? One of them keeps referencing having sex with me, which I think is disgusting when I think about that person in particular. I mean, I'm okay thinking about it, but that also scares me and annoys me, because I have made it very well known that I want to wait until after I'm married.

Most Helpful Guy

• No matter what you say they have a response. Stop speaking to them. The one who speaks of sex is out of line and possibly has a mental fault trigger.

Join a church group and let them know what you are going through. Set up some sort of function where they don't know it is a church function meet with them. Have some church members do what they do best, drive them crazy with God. You know what to do.

Have a plan that extends 30, 60, 90 days.

Let it be known that you will go out with them once they learn to think as you do and learn your God. They must learn under the guidance of your church. You see the outcome is they will run. Taking them through the church will give you power and protection. Staying on them by church member sill force them to run like scalded dogs.

Unwanted attention is what they will be exposed to. No matter the outcome, you win.

Good luck,

What Guys Said 4

• guys will be guys. We want to date and get touchy. Love it or hate it, you need to learn how to deal with it. If you don't want to date, then okay, don't date. Your life, your decisions. Do whatever makes you happy.

• I have a friend who waited till she was 22 before doing anything with any guy. She seems very happy with the guy that waited for her. Use it as a filtering process if that's what you want. We live in a 1st world country, we are the lucky one's who get to really choose our partners.

Stop stressing, yes I know it's easier said then done. But concentrating on the good things in your life, more often then these 'superficial guys', will stop you from turning into one of those man hating women, who will scare off the guy you want.

You know your life better then anyone here, trust your judgement.

• Can you just ignore those guys that continually ask you?

Clearly they don't respect your opinion, so just stay away from them.

• What makes you feel unready?

What Girls Said 1

• If they refuse to respect your wishes then don't talk to or hang out with them.