Should I show up with a flower on the first date?

On a first date (going out for coffee) where you have only spoke through E-mail is it too much to show up with a flower?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, not at all! A flower is a very nice touch, it shows that you put thought into the date and actually WANT to impress her.

• Thanks a lot you have been a big help.

What Girls Said 6

• A simple flower, not a huge dozen roses, is the sweetest touch in my opinion. Especially, if it is handpicked, but then that depends on the girl 'cause she might see you as cheap haha, but I prefer handpicked flowers, it's sweeter because the guy chose them himself, not some florist. Don't get me wrong though, a dozen roses are great depending on the ocassion.

Anyways, no it's not too much, like mbeth said, it'll show you put thought into it and care to impress. It's a very sweet touch. Just keep it simple. ;)

• Wow, I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's too much. I dunno, I'd feel weird if a guy gave me a flower in this sort of situation. It's sweet, don't get me wrong. But I'd be embarrassed for some reason.

• That would be so adorable. Just don't bring a rose, they aren't original and it's too early. Just maybe a cute small yellow or pink flower. :]

• Flowers are so sweet maybe a few in a bunch or one but def not a dozen because your not that serious yet. My boyfriend did gave me some when we first met I am sure she'll love it!

• P.s I forgot to add: Just so long as it's not a carnation. Carnations = BAD.

• I would love it! A huge sunflower that you picked in a field and I would melt in your arms.

What Guys Said 0