Is it okay to date a person of a different race?

Would you date someone of a different race?

Most Helpful Guy

• We're all human here.

Now, if you started dating non-humans, I'd probably judge you.

• Lmao... "Is it ok to date a member of a different species?" You're funny and I like it =)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm a little odd, to me it's what's strange or familiar. When I was younger, it was a little strange but now that I'm older it's no big deal. To me, it's like, I grew up listening to a strict music genre that I liked and other music sucked, now that I look back other music didn't suck, it wasn't familiar with what I liked, and I didn't accept it. But it didn't suck, lol. But you get what I mean, when things aren't familiar what we know, majority of the time it's marked as unacceptable. Until it becomes familiar and then it's like "oh, that's not so bad at all." Now, I think if I dated someone of a different race and someone pointed it out, I would be like "huh?" like the person was behind the times. But that's just me, lol.

• Yes it's ok, I give you permission

• its not against the law..

What Girls Said 13

• Girl, of COURSE you can. If you like somebody regardless of what their color is or height is or weight is, then you should date them.

Would I? Definitely.

Would it be easy? Idk... Sadly, even in 2009, we see so much discrimination still. I would walk places with my white males friends and people would give us looks. It doesn't matter tho. You can't let other people tell you what to do all the time. Trust me, if you turn your back on a nice young man because his skin doesn't look like yours, you'll regret. It's just pigmentation and I don't get why it's such a big deal. I bet if somebody needed a liver and it was donated by someone of a different race, it wouldn't matter than. You're intitled to your own happiness, darlin', so go out there and get it - even if you're a little scared of what others will think.

Life would be so boring if we were all the same. High school was amazing for me because it was such a mixed school. I had nothing but black friends most of my life (with the exception of two hispanic kids that used to live on my block). When I got to high school I met Mexican, Vietnamese, White, Haitian, Flippino, Chinese, Puerto Rican, and all these other mixed people. I even people who were biracial, and triracial, and quadracial! LOL. It was an experience and I was blessed to have that. You learn so much new stuff and you also all CONNECT on the same things. We're human together and we all breath the same air and bleed the same blood.

That's my little rant, haha

• Come on, what century are we in? look @ our president!

I have dated someone of a different race and it was great. I loved learning about his culture and experiencing something new. if you are even asking this question it shows you can probably benefit from opening your horizons. besides, superficial appearance/physical things do not make a person who they are.

• are you alright with dating someone of another race. I'm fine with it, but a lot of people aren't, so it's up to you to decide, are you going follow your feelings, or someone else's?

• Oh, you mean would I date one of the mole people?

(Sorry, I always have to wedge that question in there somehow.)

If that person is right for you, then who cares if he's purple, green, or non-human?

We don't live in the segregated south of the post Civil War, it is perfectly alright.

• Of course it's okay! Skin is skin it doesn't matter, and yes, I would date someone of a different race.

• Yes of course. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

• Of course!

The color of someone's skin does not determine their character or anything else. It's just color!

• Of course.

• of course its ok to date outside your own race.

i would if the situation presented itself, I don't see why a persons race should make any difference.

• I totally would date someone of a different race. It doesn't matter what color the guy is as long as he had all his male parts and he was exactly what I am looking for in a guy!

• Sure

I might

• Is it ok? Of course. Would I? Definitely.

• I would like to but strict familial expectations prevent me from doing so.