Would you date someone you met in a club?

If you met a guy/girl in a club and hooked up in the club (not a one night stand), would you want to get to know them or even date that person? Would it be a bad idea?

I met this guy in a club. We were making out the whole night and he did asked me to go home with him but I didn't. We exchanged number and from then on we talk through whatsapp. About a month later we went to the movies but nothing happened. We went to get some coffee and he was nice. We talked a lot. The most we did was a little kiss goodbye when going home.

I know he's still interested in getting into my pants. But from what I see he's not just someone to hook up with. I don't know about him though.

On the other hand, if you want to hook up with someone you met in a club, would you bother going out and getting to know them first?

• No way, I'll never date someone I met in a club
  • Yes, if they turn out to be someone I like, why not?
  • Yes, only to get in their pants

Most Helpful Guy

• Not into girls that rub their ass on random people's crotch. Club girls are not relationship material for me.

What Guys Said 9

• i'd date someone I meet in a club if they interested me enough I'm not going to go out and feel pressured that I have to date someone but if someone seemed right I might go for it

• If it's someone I really liked, sure, but I don't go to clubs. Not into them. Usually meh to me. And I especially wouldn't be with anyone I just met that night who was already willing to make out and sh*t so soon. Obviously not someone that matches my mindset on such things.

• Sure.

• It's possible, personally I find clubs to be a terrible place to meet people so I wouldn't count on it.

• Ive never had luck meeting girls in a bar/club but if we were talking/texting and everything was good then why not pursue it?

Just make sure that he is not ONLY interested in getting in your pants and that he also wants a long term thing.

• It depends on the person really

I would!

• No, because most girls who go to clubs are complete sluts. I have a friend who works as a bouncer in the club, and he regularly has to throw girls out for f***ing guys or giving them blow jobs in the bathrooms. Any guy that tries to get a girlfriend from the club is more likely to get a cheating girl with an STD. There are far more sluts than good girls that go to clubs. Why search for a good girl in the garbage bin? Not all club girls are bad, but most of them sure are.

• This doesn't answer your question in any way. But what did this guy say to you that got him some action? You said you were making out the whole night so I'm guessing he must've seduced you pretty well.

• Nope he didn't really seduced me. I was bored and he was annoyed that some girls are trying to get his attention. One of his friend started talking to me and my friend and he joined in. So we were basically just talking, then we dance and the make out comes after.

• Hmmm, not sure. If I still ended up liking them after we met at a club and they seemed nice and they were someone I could see myself dating, then sure. However, I would always be reminded that they were someone I met in a club and managed to get some action from on the same night, which is a big red flag for me. If she can make out with me on the same night I met her, she can probably do it with other guys when we're in a relationship. I personally wouldn't date such a girl.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course I'd date someone I met in a club.

I was there too - and I'd have been doing the exact same things he was; say we'd met in the same way you'd met this guy. And I know that I'm not going to be a cheat, or go on the prowl for people like that all the time (which is the problem most people have with dating someone they've hooked up with/met in a club) - so I wouldn't assume that he would either.

Now I'm not saying that yes - he's definitely into you for more than just sex. But if you like him, then I say it's worth a shot at at least trying to make it work. Where or how you happened to meet is pretty irrelevant.

• I wouldn't after THAT head start. I'd think he just wanted some booty and was on good behavior so that he could get in my pants.

But under different circumstances, if the guy was totally respectful; I'd give it a try. Special connections and special people can be found ANYWHERE. But someone who just makes out within less than 24 hours of knowing you is probably a skank.