He didn't tell me he has a girlfriend.. what do I do now?

So me and this guy have been talking for about a month, we work together, and just yesterday I find out from friends that he's had a girlfriend for two years but she's away at school, so it's safe to say he wanted me as a "side project." I'm just going by word of mouth now but it has to be true. He never brought up actually dating me and now I know he definitely just wanted to.. well, do things with me. His texts could get pretty sexual. Nothing ever happened between us though which is good, we were just texting a lot.

So now I have two options.. either confronting him about it or leaving him be. Personally I think he needs to be slapped in the face with the fact I found out he has a girlfriend and he must've thought I wouldn't. But at the same time I don't think I should say anything because I work with him, and I don't want to make things awkward. It's literally just us two and a bunch of kids at work twice a week, we're tutors. I know there was nothing ever between us so I'm thinking I should just leave him be but stop responding if he tries to make any more advances on me. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't like to talk about themselves or their personal life. It's kind of odd but sometimes you have to ask if you're interested and they would probably tell you. Just ask him why he never told you he had a girlfriend. =/ maybe in a teasing way so he doesn't think you're being all bitchy or w.e. hahahhahaa. hope it helps

What Guys Said 1

• I am very na├»ve so my apologies if this isn't spot on. I would stop talking to him altogether but maintain a business relationship. If he brings it up reinforce that idea of just being co-workers, if he persists you can do a lot of things. Like perhaps threaten him to tell his girlfriend of what happened if he doesn't do his job, or you can be creative.

I hoped this helped!

What Girls Said 1

• I agree, you shouldn't really do anything about it if nothing has happened, despite the huge disrespect towards his girlfriend.. also, because you work together he's not really maintaining a professional relationship, which could be your way out. Or if it still happens and it really does bother you, just say, "i thought you had a girlfriend.." and if he asks how you knew, just give some really ambiguous answer about how you thought you might have maybe heard it somewhere a while ago.