Guys, does it matter when the girl says "thank you" on the date?

Examples: You pay for her dinner/coffee/movie ticket etc.

Would you like her to say "thank you" right after you purchase? If she doesn't does it change the mood for you?

What if she says "thank you" at the end of the date?

Honestly, sometimes I forget to say thank you after the purchase, so I will tell him at the end of the date, "Thank you for dinner, it was really nice!"

Or is either way okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• Either way is okay. Not saying "Thank you" at all means I won't be taking her out again. Unless we're in a long-term relationship but everyone likes appreciation.

What Guys Said 9

• If the situation fits, sure, say thank you. However, so long as it isn't adherent you weren't appreciative or that you perhaps expected more, my mind wouldn't even process it.

• Thank you is probably better right after you recieve the coffee, dinner, or movie ticket. I wouldn't say thank you for any of those at the end of a good date though. It could send the wrong message. Say you had a great time to let him know you want to do it again.

• I'm going to put this plain and simply:

DO NOT SAY "thank you" AS A REFLEX.

Unless she means it, I would prefer she not say it at all. Hearing an empty "thank you" means as much to me as silence.

• I think it would be kind of awkward if she thanked me right after I paid for something. A "thank you" at the end of the date would be appropriate, though.

• i would not care because when I'm buying dinner, coffee, movie tickets etc I'm deeply engaged in a conversation with her so little things like that don't bother me. now if she doesn't say thanks at the end and then never calls me then I just spend a night with someone who was just hungry

• I don't think you need to say thank you for everything, one at the end is all that will be needed.

Also another important advice I would like to give is that you look very hot. Yes I know that wasn't advice :D

• I think it does matter, and personally I'd prefer if she said thanks right after purchase. If she waits until the end of the date, it may be too little too late.

• It really doesn't matter. After a good date, a girl saying or not saying thank you wouldn't be on a guys mind at all. But if you did that with a smile - he'll probably remember the smile - but "thank you" - not really. :)

• I don't take out girls for a second date if they don't say thank you. It is a total deakbreaker. I approach you, flirt, get your number, call you, set up a date, pay for it, and you might say thank you if you remember or feel like it? I don't think so. If you have manners you'll get more good guys interested in you. If you feel like men owe you things, then you'll use a lot of men while you still have your looks and youth, but you won't find a man who will want to be around you for very long. As long as you are thankful for anything that he paid for (and in general, as he risked rejection in asking you out!) then you should be very grateful and verbal about it!

• I think you might have gotten part of my question twisted. Sometimes the guy and I will already be having a fun time or having a good conversation, so then when he pays and we leave, we are still carrying on some sort of banter where I will forget to say "thank you." I'm always well mannered, no doubt about it, so my question was is either way fine, saying "thank you" at the time or at the end of the date.

• You should always thank a guy for dinner, and also at the end of the night when you call it quits. It shows that you acknowledges that he paid (assuming you never offer to pay?) and that you liked that he set up the date in the first place. A minimum of two thank yous should be standard for a dinner date or anything else that costs a man money and assuming you didn't offer to split.

What Girls Said 1

• You really shouldn't HAVE to thank the guy. It's part of the date. However, if it isn't a date, we're just hangiing out, I usually say thank you.