Why do people kiss/cuddle/make out when they aren't dating each other?

If a guy and girl aren't dating, why would they kiss, cuddle, make out, or anything else like that? I've never really understood why. Just curious. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, I've never kissed anyone. I do cuddle a lot though. I live by the beach and being a beach bum, I go and throw a LOT of bonfires. Like, seriously, I go to maybe 8 or 10 a month. And we always have a bunch of people. So when we play murder in the night or a bunch of people go night surfing I usually so hide in the sand up by the parking lot. There are bushes and lots of ice plant so I hide there. And usually one of my guy friends comes up and hangs out with me. And since it's cold, and I'm a stupid girl, I wear short shorts and a tank top. We cuddle. Not intimately really, just friends.

It's nice, since I don't have a boyfriend and have never had one, I like the warm of cuddling with a guy friend. :)

What Girls Said 11

• Because they are attracted to each other.

possibly f*ck buddies without want of an actual relationship.

• Sometimes there are situations that prevent one another from dating but both are still attracted to each other. Factors like age, distance, parents etc can all come into play.

• Just because they can lol. They find each other attractive but probably aren't interested in a relationship.

• Maybe because they like each other and they are just afraid to admit it or they are afraid to commit to each other.

• Because its a fun thing to do.

• Because maybe one person really likes the other... but the other isn't ready to commit... or they are friends with benefits. Everyone has sexual needs, and need to be fulfilled. Some more than others.

• Because its fun, maybe they're attractd to each other but don't want to be together. Haha you gotta get it out of your system somehow.

• I haven't gone that far with any guy I'm not dating so my only guess is strong attraction.

• cause they are fcktards

• IIf I'm drunk I'll kiss my best guys friends on the cheek, I might make out with a guy whom I find attractive if I'm in the mood. I wouldn't cuddle with a guy I didn't like, neither would I just kiss him on the lips when drunk or sober. If I'm doing all three with one guy, chances are we'd be dating.

• maybe they are on the "seeing each other" stage but just not yet "going out" or "dating" stage yet. Also one of them might just be a player.

What Guys Said 5

• Because it's f*cking dope, man.

You should try it.

• if they are exclusive to each other, it means that the guy has not worked up the guts to ask her out or to be his girlfriend, and she's waiting for him to do so

• Why not is the question? I think if they feel each other on that level, then they have nothing to lose

• Because maybe they want to get together

• Physical affection is a human need. Some people that cannot get in a real relationship will settle for that as they need something and don't want or can't get the rest of the package. I hear and see a lot of the cuddle crap with a girl that is using a "nice guy" that really just wants to bang her and deep down is a creep and she is just a user looking for an ego boost and attention.

• Bingo... almost every girl wants to cuddle but almost none want a monogamous relationship that should accompany it