I met this guy at a party last night and he won't text me back.

we met last night and he seemed really interested in me, even my friend said so, and we exchanged numbers, so about 20 minutes later I texted him to ask how the movie we had been watching ended he took about 10 minutes to respond and we exchanged a few messages and then he didn't respond for a long time so I sent another text adding on to what I had said before and then he responded. we exchanged a few texts and then he wouldn't answer me again and its the next day and hasn't said anything...does he not want to talk to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Exactly what metaldave said.

If you find a wanted guy of high status you'll have to deal with the fact that their not always chasing you like a dog or any other lonely no-life guy.

Allot of guys I know including myself only answer back to about half of the messages they get.

Simply because they get so much it's annoying to write text on phones and just because they have other stuff (or girls) to attend to.

Seems like you have a catch :D

Believe me, needy guys suck.

• Wow, are you serious? You need an ego check.

• Well regardless about what you think about this guy, he most likely is like that and in general their more attractive.

I'm just saying what I think is the case (since you asked what's up with him) and nothing else.

I'm not condoning such behaviour or anything, just saying it the way it is. :D

• No, I meant that needy guys suck.......i think your right.

What Guys Said 5

• as a rule most guys try to wait 3 days to a week before contacting a girl after getting their number so as not to seem needy or desperate. and as far as texting goes, a lot of people don't do texting at all and find it very annoying. I know I do. when someone texts me I don't text back, I respond with a phonecall when I am able to.

• Thats stupid, I hate the 3 day rule.

• You may hate it but there's a reason it exists. cause guys really do tend to come off as clingy or desperate if they call the same day or the next day.

• Haha, well I think the only guys I have ever been around are pretty clingy unfortunately.

• Remember, most people have phones that make texting unbearable. Like my phone, it has 3-4 letters per button. I usually repond with a letter "A" and that's all I can stand. lol

• Something like that happened to me too but the other person and myself were much more attached. I still don't kno why she won't text back. Oh well what can't kill you can only make you stronger.

• dont read too much into it, he's probably either busy or is not being needy, that's all

• just wait till he call.

What Girls Said 7

• You sound a little clingy (not saying you are), but sometimes if you just meet a person and you text them a lot that first night, they get the wrong impression. Plus, was he drunk or drinking? If so, he could be hungover or not remember anything about the night before.

• I hope I didn't come off that way, I just wanted to know the ending of moulin rouge!

• Omg, amazing movie, lol. I cry every time I watch it though... lol.

• I never saw the end....haha I cry when I watch the notebook....like nonstop, I need chocolate straight up bawling my eyes out.

• my general rule is if he wants to talk to you, he will.

If he doesn't make the effort then he may just not be interested, don't chase guys, you're better than that

• guys freak out so quickly. they get confused and I know it doesn't make sense, even as you get older you will still be questioning yourself over why they are like they are.

and I wish I had learnt this earlier but us girls replay everything in our heads and think maybe it was something we did, we ask why hasn't he replied ect ect, the truth is. we will never know. so don't kep asking yourself questions you don't have the answer too.

dont text him anymore. if he wants you he will chase you. you are worth chasing. remember that.

• sorry hun, but texting right away is bad. try not to text right after you see each other. wait a couple of days! guys really don't like that

• maybe he's just not into the whole "texting thing", I really wouldn't read anything into it.

• your clingin to him girly.

• No, but texting is annoying! It annoys me if a guy texts me a lot but never call. BUt a tip for you: don't be too eager chasing him. I know you like him but when you just know someone and you text that much.. I don't think it's a good idea. Ask him out instead.