I can't see to have the drive to date.

It's been two years since my Ex girlfriend, and I had broken up. It was on a mutual agree due to my need to get my life in a more fashionable order, and she needing to focus on her job situation. It was extremely hard to do so, but we agreed to it. We also agreed to keep communication to a bare minimum. As it would be too hard for us to both talk, and try to focus on what was needed to be done.

Two years has passed, and our directions went in other ways. She is still single from what I hear, but has yet to contact me within the last year about anything of a romantic notation. The last time I have seen her is when she stopped by my place in the middle of the night a year ago, and told me that she loved me and we kissed. After we talked for a few hours. I ended up walking her to her car, and hugged her good-bye. This was extremely hard, but we were both not yet to be in relationships.

Within the last 6 months I have truly tried dating again. My friends have tried introducing me to new women, and the dates never went beyond 3 or 4 dates. I have yet to kiss or sleep with another girl since her, and I can't even seem to do so. Every date instantly reminds me of her somehow, and I've very much tried moving on.

Currently I am at a lost. I'm not quite she feels the same way anymore, and with the long period of being apart. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't. I wrote her a letter last summer, and she never responded. So, I figured that I would from that point try to move on, but I just can't seem to do so.

I've been told that I have a very old soul, and loyal to those I love. I'm wondering if that could be holding me back, or from what a lot of my friends have said is that she could be my soul mate. Any thoughts or clues would be nice.

What Girls Said 2

• When you are ready to move on you will. I had a particularly bad breakup once and didn't even LOOK at a member of the opposite gender for around ten months. Also had an even worse one a year ago and haven't stopped destroying anything with another man even before we get to the first date. So I get where you are coming from.

• I was with my ex for over decade...he was not nice to me at all. I am saying this...It takes time to get over relationships...good or bad...it takes time...I really know how you are feeling now...but with prayers and motivational quotes that I read it help with my time and thoughts...Sharing my story on forums such as this help too. Love hurts...but the sting will lessen...I am sure you will find someone else who will meet all of your needs. Everyone is looking for someone these days...Stay positive and blessing will come to you.

What Guys Said 0