Why are guys allowed to be shallow but expect girls to date for "noble" reasons?

This is not a man bashing question but hear me out:

Female beauty and sexuality is very important in dating.we all know that. Its so common for guys to highly rate looks, body, or sexual behavior as one of the most important things, if not the only important things they seek out in a woman. Its OK for guys to rate our worth on how good we look and if we're what he's looking for sexually.

But I have seen people criticize girls if they do not list noble qualities in what they want in a man. A girl is not allowed to say, "I want a 6ft, muscular guy with a big Wang and money" lol she would have to throw in "nice personality", "smart", "thoughtful" and stuff like that. Its almost like we're expected to always be looking for husband material guys and not want something just for fun.

Have you noticed that too? Why do we have to be the moral noble ones while guys are evaluating us for shallow reasons? What sense does that make?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand this either. It's even funnier when the guy is averge in looks and expects "Hot" woman to fly his way. I mean it's cool to have high expectations for yourself but don't claim you want something you can't put out yourself, especially if you're one to have high standards.

• Exactly. I never look for qualities in others that I do not possess myself.

What Guys Said 9

• It's much less that way today than it used to be, but it will always be that way to some degree. The bottom line is that women do generally value different things in a man than men do in a woman. It's human nature and is the result of millions of years of evolution.

HOWEVER, it is not fair to say that men are the only ones who judge women based on their looks. Women can be and often are extremely critical of other women's appearance. And let's face it...much of the stuff women wear is NOT intended to appeal to men.

• Nobody is perfect, but it seems like we all look for perfection. I'd like to think that we would all look for someone who is perfect for us individually. So, what may be perfect for one of us isn't what another want's may seem shallow to someone else. Even though that 6ft dream boat has all the material things his ego and would probably treat you poorly, I'd like to think everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It's not perfection we fall in love with, but as Robert Williams says in Good Will Hunting "Those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that I only know about. None of us are perfect, it's whether or not we are perfect for each other." Everyone's a little shallow only a matter of perspective.

• Guys go for looks, girls go for personality. That's just how it is.

• Girls go for looks + personality.

• Hey if you want to go just for looks then do it! But those guys are usually the players so prepare to most likely get hurt.

• . There are plenty of guys who aren't attractive who treat women like crap and play women too. Plenty of women have been hurt by men who aren't lookers.

• How can a man control how tall he is, what life he is born into or how big his pecker his. Those are things completely out of his control. I agree with you thoughts guys can be shallow, but there are many shallow women who have even higher and unrealistic expectations that any guy meet

• Oh yes there are definitely shallow women. Both sexes have shallow people but don't you think its more acceptable for a guy to be shallow? A lot of people judge others based on what they can't control

• Guys and girls are both just about equally guilty of trying to manipulate the opposite gender into being less visual with their dating choices.

That has never worked, and I doubt it ever will.

• Women are shallow too, c'mon now. Men are just more vocal about what they're looking for, whereas women subconsciously want these things and don't verbalize their preferences for fear of being ridiculed or shunned.

• Please many girls are crazy shallow. If they weren't I wouldn't get so much attention before I even open my mouth... =|

• girls are entitled to their preferences just like guys are

• yes I agree shallow should not be allowed but tolerated equally for both genders . If women are shallow and men do allow it then dating will be hard for both and vice versa. But if one doesn't allow it and the other accepts that then it so much simpler for both and the two finally can allow it and understand the other.

What Girls Said 0