How often do you get text/messages from the opposite gender?

I'm a 17 year old guy from a smaller town. I go to a small school, and a smaller church. I know a good amount of girls, but I don't have thier numbers or a way to talk to them. I don't like anyone right now so it's not a problem, but with the girls I do know outside of when I see them none of them talk to me. I get 0 text from girls. How often do you get text from people of the opposite gender?

Btw when I text some girl friends first they don't text me back but when I see them they act like we're best friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some girls are just not as inclined to want to do small chit chat over the phone unless they're really crushing on you or are one of your best female friends for real as in you hang out all the time and have established a proper friendship bond. I personally don't really have a pattern, some days I'll get a few, other days none. It really depends on so many things.

What Girls Said 3

• You say you don't have a way to talk to them, explain? If you see them, you can talk to them, unless you don't have the physical ability to talk.

If you don't talk to them, you're not gonna make friends, same as with people from your same gender.

If some girls don't text back, stop texting them and ask them why they don't text back when you see them in person.

• Well when I'm actually trying to talk to them every few minutes to every few hours. When I cut them off and stop replying it slows from once a day to every few days.

• right now...none at all

but usually two days out the week we text

What Guys Said 1

• Usually a couple times a day. It's a mix between friends, girls from the past, and new girls I'm getting to know. In the initial get to know you phase, it might be back and forth almost all day sometimes. Other days it's just a friend saying what's up, how have you been, yada yada yada to keep base.