Is there a way to tell a guy you do not want to date him?

I have never ran into this situation before and I could use some help! I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but I do not want to date anybody now until I graduate from grad school. Is their a way to tell a guy in a nice way you do not want to date him? Also, which is the best way to approach this problem?

btw the reason I do not want to date now is because I take my studies seriously!

Most Helpful Guy

• Whynot just tell him exactly that you are too serious about your studies to get involved with anyone right now? Why would that hurt his feelings? it's nothing personal against him.

A guy who can't handle that isn't worth worrying about anyway!

What Guys Said 2

• Just politely decline them. If they can't handle it it's their problem and they need to grow up.

• i agree with the 1st two guys...no games or wordplay, just serious honesty WITH DETAILS WHY (abt taking your studies seriously), and he should understand.

What Girls Said 1

• I would explain it to him just like you did here. Any normal guy will appreciate your honesty.