Why are girls that date younger guys considered cougars, but it's okay for guys to date younger girls?

This has been bothering so much. At school, whenever one of my guy friends likes a younger girls it's okay. Then, they ask if he's gonna ask her out and stuff. But if I say that I find a guy who is a year or two younger than me attractive I automatically get called a cougar. I may not even like them, sometimes I just find them attractive and good to look at. I think it's pathetic that girls are called cougars but guys are not. Any opinions? I would like to know the opinions of guys and girls on this topic.

Most Helpful Guy

• "But if I say that I find a guy who is a year or two younger than me attractive I automatically get called a cougar"

That's retarded. A cougar is an experienced woman who goes after significantly younger men for sex. And by significantly, I'm talking ten years or better.

You'd have to be going after boys who were like, eight, to be considered a cougar.

Chalk it up to your classmates being morons. Mock them, Make fun of them. Tell them "if you don't know what a cougar is, I'll be happy to help you google it" or something like that, because they're being completely f***ing stupid.

What Guys Said 13

• Clearly your friends don't know what a cougar is so I take it they are also very immature.

I don't see anything wrong with dating a younger girl and I don't see anythign wrong with a girl dating an older guy. Once your friends start becoming more mature they will start to see there is nothing wrong as well.

• You can't call a girl a cougar if she's under 18...

A cougar is a 30 something year old woman that likes younger men.

• That's just high school kids teasing you. Relax. And a real cougar is someone a heck of a lot older than by 2 years.

I've met cougars. In one of my college classes, this 34 year old woman pursued me. I was 20 at the time. THAT is a cougar.

• Date how ever you are comfortable with age dose NOT have to be as big of a issue as it is made out to be as long as you have the same interests and goals pluse 2 years is not a big deal. If you date some that 10 or more years older it still dose not have to be a big issue there just have to be compromise that have to be made. Say 18 to 25 year old are not going to want to sit at home relaxing ever night or a 30+ year old is not going to go out ever night till 3am.the way see it is one weekend you go out the next time sit at home the key is compromise! I have a cousin who married a 30 year old guy two day after she finished high school they have 14 year together and still going strong. my grandmother was born in 1938 her husband joined the military 1939 do the math they were married from 1955 to 2010 till he died.

• oh the outher that say if a older guy or woman who is with a much younger man or women is just out for sex or some sick control thing your all dead wrong. creeps come in ALL AGES men or women

• What are you on about? Older men who date young girls are either thought of as creepy or pedophiles, or both. Being a cougar is way better than that.

• Dont worry it goes both ways in my own opinion guys get judged as perverts if we date some1 more then one or 2 years younger a lot of people think we are just taking advantage of a young mind.

• Same reason a 15 year old girl having sex with a 30 year old dude is considered sexual assault but a 15 year old dude being raped by a 30 year old woman is considered a BAUSS

• I don't see any problem with it, in fact I encourage it.

• You're under 18.

How younger than that you want to date anyway?

• That's the way of the man, we hunt younger prey

• Of course. You prey on the weak, naive and innocent. they are easy to control and they make you want to relive your "glory days" that are long gone

• idk why I got downrated it's true stuff

I personally don't

• Because its the society we live back in the old days guys who like 30 would marry a 13 year old girl but in todays society that would be considered rape.

• guys who date younger girls are creepy old men. I wouldn't ever date a girl who's more than 5 years younger than me, and right now, no more than 2.

• Ahhh high school. I forgot how immature the kids there were.

What Girls Said 4

• I actually loose all respect for men that do that. I don't think it's OK. I think back to the men that are older than I now who dated me when I was 16 and I think wow . I was still in a mentaliy of a child and you manipulated and f***ed a kid basically .

Men like younger girls because they have not developed a full personality yet, have nt experienced much yet so how ever they treat them they will more than likely be impressed, eaiser to manipulate and less likely to talk back and have strong opinions .

Intelligence is an issue as well men will feel more intelligent than a younger women .

I had a argument with some one before about how it is about an inbuilt desire to seek out fertile mate. But this is pure bollocks and an excuse as we have evolved to know that we can have children for years.

. Most guys I ve dated in there 30s wanted me when I was 16 and they are sick in my opinion.

I can't imagin sleeping with a 18 year old . They look and act young. So men that do that to women that age that are my age. I do not respect you at all. Please note this is not all men!

• Because its common for a guy to date younger girls.

It isn't really common for a girl to date younger guys.

Not just that, girls mature faster than men.

So its like she's older than the age difference they already have.

• Double standards-what's right for guys is not right for girls. The same is with sleeping around:

guys are gods if they have slept with a lot of girls. Girls are sluts if they do the same. It's the key and a lock thing. If a key can open many locks-it's a good one. But if a lock can be opened with more keys, it's not a good lock. The other reason is that when ageing guys can still look attractive (a lot of them) so this can be pleasant even for the woman's eye (not only men's). On the other hand, with women is not the same thing. That's why are there cougars and older gentlemen.

• Guys are rhinos or manthers.

• Cougars are way cooler

• Even if the girl was 18 and he was 30, I think it was harder for me as a child to see him as something other than a child molester because of the association of sex with men portrayed by the media.

However, when I was younger, I didn't have a problem with older women dating younger men because I assumed that it would be more like a mental and emotional relationship (similar to friendship but on a much deeper level).

• When I was younger (I use this example because my experience from there was built by the environment I was in like the media, etc. before I was able to extend my thoughts further), I thought older men manipulated younger women mentally and emotionally to get something physical. And then when he was done, he left her behind. And this seems to be portrayed often in the media.

Then later people said things like girls mature faster. And then I assumed that meant guys are immature (although this doesn't seem to be the case all the time, it seems to have some truth in it). So then I assumed older men were too immature for older women.

Even when I was younger, the concept of love made sense. The concept of sex and relationships did not make sense to me until after the age of 20 for me where I met college students who were more sexually open.

But just date whoever you love. It's fine.