Would you date a single (divorced) mom

hey guys, would you have a problem dating a single/divorced mom? I'm 36, on dating site, and am noticing guys emailing me don't always have kids...as a guy in their 30s or 40s, if you had no kids, would you be open to dating a woman with kids? given both your ages at this point? I understand guys in their 20s might have more of an issue with it (too young for me anyway lol!). but I don't know how guys feel about it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, I dated single moms in my single days. They were overworked and depressed, often. It isn't easy given our lack of family and social suppport in the USA.

And of course, they weren't interested in the usual dating routin;, they wanted a partner to help them raise their kids, that is only natural, and I didn't mind their attitude.

What Guys Said 17

• Yes I would date a woman with children.

My last girlfriend was 32 and divorced, she didn't have kids, but I'm pretty sure if I was to date a woman with kids that they would love me! :) And I would do the same with them! :)!

• I have, and I still would. it depends on how the last relationship ended though. I'm not one to date a girl who cheats. Especially, if she cheats past the age of 20. Then I wouldn't even bother. If the marriage ended, because of other reasons that are reasonable. Then I consider going on a date or two.

• I married one, so it is safe to say that I will. Indeed she is only a year younger than you ;)

• I am currently dating a beautiful woman with a sweet 3yr old child and this is my first time doing so. I am totally happy in our relationship. I see her for the great woman that she is and not as some victim or social outcast. To me it is actually attractive because she is a mature woman that can't run around like some sorrorrity girl every time her friends call. Also. I tell her not to refer to herself as a "single mother". That carries a lot of stigma and stereotype. She is simply a woman with a child and I look forward to our future as a family.

• I'm happily married, but if I weren't I would jump at the chance. I love kids, and women who have been married tend to know what they like and want better than those who haven't. Sounds like a recipe for fun to me. :)

• Ready-made families are always an issue...who is their father? Their father? Or me the stand in? Worst of all is Yours & Mine...and that movie...O.O.."Yours, Mine & Ours"...hey...problem is the kids usually are not thrilled about taking on an outsider...the "outsider" is not thrilled about not being embraced...ends up being a war for the attention of the mother...no it is not a good situation...does not mean "insurmountable" but it is a very steep hill to climb...all parties have to be willing to work at it...O.O

• hell no! I try to avoid drama in life as much as possible. seriously, I don't know who the kid's daddy is; he could be a disrespectful loser or a troublemaker. plus, I'm not ready to be a dad myself, so why should I raise kids who aren't mines ?

• i hear ya and wld prob feel the same way about single dads at your age...seems guys in their 30s esp and up are a little more open to it, though I'm pleasantly surprised by how many guys in their 20s feel the same way! but to each their own, totally understandable!

• I actually pursued a single mom last year and was going to date her until she flaked out for no reason and cut off contact with me completely. But the answer is yes, I would.

• The age of the kid is definitely a factor, but I would largely say its no real issue.

• if I was older with no children an had exhausted my clubbin/drinking/partying days then yeah of course

• I would date a single mom in their 20s or 30s however being 43 women think I am too old

• I'm only 19, so no, I wouldn't date a single mom... but I'd definitely smash a MILF!

• if you are hot and you have a good personality yes.

• I don't have anything against single moms or anything, but I'd rather START a family and not to JOIN one

• i totally understand! esp. at the age you're at now. I think it might be less of an issue for men in their 30s and 40s, but I'm sure it depends on the guy. thanks for your honesty.

• Didn't know that you're in that age bracket, but if I were in your situation I would really have fall for this particular person who has a kid and her kid and me gets along? I would absolutely date that person. If not I'll adopt.

• that's great! :)

• I wouldn't

• I'm 35, dating a divorced mom, we've been together four years.

• I entered serious relationships with women with children when I was in my late 20s (27-29). I would have married the first, and I did end up marrying the second. If I were single in my 30s, nothing would change. As long as you are up front about the fact that you are a mother, I think you will find guys who are interested in you. If they are not, they are not worth your time, anyhow.

What Girls Said 0