Is it normal to date someone who is 20 years younger than me while the mother is 2 years older than me?

I'm in love with a girl who is 20 years younger than me, but her mother is 2 years older than me. I'm 40, she is 20 and her mother is 42. Can this... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Can you blame her mother? Of course her mother would not like it. There would be something very wrong if her mother did NOT have a problem with it. What is wrong with dating someone closer to your own age and has more in common with where you are at in your life? You have nothing in common with a 20 year old, and if you do, there's something else wrong. She barely out of high school. She isn't even done growing yet. She can't even legally drink.

As a 20 year old myself, I would smack one of my girlfriends if she wanted to be with a 40 year old man. You will never have anything in common with her and her friends.

• I have a big age range. I guess it's because my parents are 22 years apart from each other. I bet your parents are either the same age or a few years apart. And that's why you don't believe in couples with a big age gap. Believe me I've tried dating females my age. But it's either they aren't attracted to me or I'm not attracted to them. Some been through bad relationships and have their guards up. And my kindness run them away. Some have been married and have too many kids. I have none.

• Show Older
    • Whether you have kids or not does not make you more mature/older/etc. Again, I know plenty of girls who are my age, who have at least one kid if not more, and they are no where near as mature or as far in their life as I am. Yes, I think she will probably still be concerned. You are still 20 years older than her baby girl. I don't think you not having kids will really make that much of a difference in her mother's mind.

• Ok, well looks that's something I'm going to have to deal with. Shall I say something that we both have to deal with. She is in my life for reason and I'm I'm her life for a reason. Or we would have never met. But it's seen every girl that I have a neutral attraction there's always a conflict. But this has to be different this time.