Skirt on the first date?

How many of you girls would wear a skirt on a first date?

Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would. I often wear dresses so it would be nothing unusual for me.

What Girls Said 30

• I wear knee length pencil skirt, knee length jean skirt, or knee length well behaved dress (most times with pantyhose or tights) unless where we are going it is clearly inappropriate (i.e. pool or beach). At these places I wear a swim suit with skirt of something that is skirt like. I love how skirts and dresses make me feel feminine and so much like a lady and I wear them all the time. I feel my poise, attitude and the way I carry myself help dictate the tempo of the date and give the guy indications as to whether I am interested in him romantically.

• never. mainly because I HATE my legs

I would probably wear leggings because it makes my butt look round and my thighs look slightly slimmer.

and I would go for it since its black because its a slimming color

and hoenstly who wears skirts anymore? its so old fashioned and preppy.

you can wear a skin tight fitted skirt...thats hot . but not a normal skirt that twirls.

maybe you should wear a skirt on the second date when you feel confident about the first date...start to dress prettier after a few dates

but I'm just a teenager in high school, older people might be indifferent

• well it depends on what the date is... haha. If we're going bowling, obviously a skirt wouldn't be appropriate attire. If we're going to a super fancy restaurant, I may wear a skirt or a dress. For me, it isn't a matter on the guy or the date, it depends on the setting.

• I always wear dresses/skirts so yes and that's why

• I'm not really a skirt person. Skirts are nice though. If I did find a skirt that I thought was nice I would definitely wear it on a first date.

• Why not? If it's classy, sure! Also when it's quite warm weather too.

• I definitely would unless it was not the season for it. A skirt isn't as formal as a dress but it isn't as down played as jeans or shorts. I always wear a skirt that goes to my knees or a few inches above. Nothing slutty, just nice looking.

• I personally wouldn't because well I'm not really a skirt person. But it all really depends on the date; being in a skirt on certain types of dates may be uncomfortable and that never makes for a good time. And even though skirts can be classy they sometimes turn out trashy.

• Easy Access obviously homie

• Not on the first date.I usually wear dress and mostly long one.

• I think it depends on age and meeting time. If I were over 30, I'd prefer dress or skirt for a lunch or dinner. But under 30s I think a jean or a skinny pant with a cute shirt or blues would be perfect especially with heels. I think skirt is too much for first dating. I think first meeting is for getting know each other, if everything goes well, we have lots of chance to show our legs or attractiveness. Also it is also valid for makeup skills.

• My ideal date would be to "just hang out", so in other words... never. at least, not unless my significant other wanted me to.

• Depends on what we are doing but I have. I like wearing dresses and skirts but don't always have the opportunity to so a date seems like a good excuse to wear one.

• I have, the outfit was cute

• Maybe, maybe not. I'm not really a skirt person, more with short shorts.

• I would, but that's because I just wear skirts half the time anyway.

• I would. I wear skirts and dresses more often than pants.

• ✨ The better for easy access to heaven. Bleaching my hand print colorfast onto you're skirt adds for the affect. ✨

• I ould and I have before. Nothing is wrong with showing a bit of leg on the first date.

• Skirt? Probably not. Dress? Maybe. Pants? Likely.

I don't own many skirts, maybe like 3 or 4.

I love dresses I feel all flowy and feminine.

Pants, I get to run around and sit however I like!

• Well why not? I love dresses and skirts> I will wear whatever makes me feel comfortable.

• No I would feel too exposed and self conscious

• i don't wear skirt on a first date but I'm a "short/skirt" person..

• no I would feel weird

• Yes I did. And I would do again. Why not ? :-)

• Would and have.

• ... why not?

• yes it looks feminine and pretty, I feel prettier in them

• I would definitely depending on the weather and on the type of date. You don't want to look too high maintenance but you want to look pretty at the same time.

• If the guy was young, hot, ripped, gorgeous, had flat washboard stomach, nice rear, yummy, I would definitely wear a skirt for a guy like that. Sexy men deserve women in skirts.

• I have great legs, always have, in the summer time skirts are the most comfortable thing for me to wear. If the guy was likely to take me on an athletic adventure I wouldn't want a skirt on though.

• sexy answer : )

• I wouldn't wear a skirt on the first date. It feels like an open invitation for intimacy that I don't think couples would necessarily be ready for if they're still acquaintances (or on a similar level) on their first date. Wearing pants gives control, or at a feeling of greater control to the wearer. Wearing pants says, normal pants and not skinny jeans, generally says that one is far harder to manipulate. Guys, think about how you would feel if you had to wear a skirt on the first date. Imagine. The feeling is vaguely similar.

What Guys Said 0