How do you feel about a girl dating a guy who is around 20 years older than her?

Wondering what people think on this topic.

Of course the girl is legal.

Voice your opinions.

What do you think about the guy?
Many celebrities have big age gaps. Beyonce, katherine zeta jones, and so on.
What if the guy was poor and they were both in love?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it is a very large age gap. I personally would not be okay with it for myself.

I dated a man 12 years older and that is a lot, but it still was okay to me because he was still a kid when I was born and he wasn't so old that we couldn't relate to each other or felt like we were parent/kid (although sometimes the age thing will hit you in the face).

but, 20 years older is a LOT he is almost like your parent. I think there will be many obstacles in the way. but, if you are both legal, and smart, and know what you are getting into, go ahead. only you know if it is real or not and it can be, there are obstacles in every relationship. once a guy is 20 years older he is more like a parent. but, everyone has different needs in a relationship. if you are confident in your choice don't let others bring you down.

people will hate on any couple who is more than 7-8 years apart, sometimes even less! they can't understand your relationship. tread very carefully and be prepared for the haters but don't let it bring you down if you know you are happy together.

What Guys Said 6

• Either she's a sugar baby, sold to an older guy, or she has serious father issues and should go to counseling. The guy is pathetic, either way he's taking advantage of her.

Celebs live in their own world. You can't compare them to everyday folks. But mostly, what I said applies to them, too; it's just that they do things often in their personal lives ONLY to gain publicity.

The rest of us would't be doing that..!

• There are women who like/love older much than to them...reasons like maturity, experience in all aspects of life, financial/professional stability etc...which means the guy can handle/understand the girl in a better way and give her a secure life than a guy whoz hardly a few years older and is himself unsure or confused about his priorities...It's not just women, even guy at times date women much older to them for almost the same reasons mentioned above...BUT yes...honestly I would feel a bit awkward if I ever come across a couple which a 20 year gap...but for each his own...soooooooo.. :) :)

• id say do whatever you like its your life really. whatever floats your boat. on a more personal note iam usually more comfortable dating women in my age group or close to it. I used to work with a age gap couple was kinda weird. the guy was older and has a 15 year old son. girl he's dating is like 20. he in his early 40s. but really I guess if theyre both happy I don't see anything wrong with it. for me I just don't think I would be able to relate with somebody 20 years younger than me.

• I'd think gold digger or daddy issues... there's no way you can possibly love someone twice your age. I was with someone 7 years older and it lasted a total of a week and a half... because our generations and mentality on things was so different... I think 4-5 years should be max... As for celebrities look at Ashton and Demi... she got all insecure and sh*t as well she should have... and he went back to someone his age... Mila. Also my opinion on the guy would be that he failed at life and is trying to get his d*** wet by someone who could be his daughter... Perv...

• shes got daddy issues. age doesn't define maturity

• & the guy?

• what about 10 years apart?

• same thing. women and men should really stick to same age and or 1-2 years older. any more its getting a little creepy (this is assuming they are "of age")

• gross, me being a guy, I want to be able to experience dating and having sex with a woman while she is in the prime of her life, while I'm in mine as well

• What would you think about the girl & the guy?

• What if they were 10 years apart?

• wouldn't want to

What Girls Said 3

• I think that's gross. If they really like each other go ahead. But I think it's weird when people date someone that many years older.

• When I see a girl dating a much older man my response is that I secretly feel grossed out by both of them. I also think she must be cheating on him with a younger more attractive man and only using him for his money.

• No offense, but I think it's gross. I'd think she can't get a guy around her own age who wants her so she has to go find a guy who's old enough to be her dad. Either that or she just wants his money.

• what about the guy?

• What about 10 years apart?

• that' not too bad as lon as she is at least 20