Guys, do you usually play it cool with the girls you like? if yes, Why?

I have a colleague and we have been flirting a lot lately: a lot of teasing, laughing, we email each other for work reasons but we end up sending each other a few more emails with silly jokes and he calls me cutie, sends me kisses etc..in those emails. When we see each other again after those emails he blushes and looks excited or tense. On a few occasions, when we were laughing and joking, he said to me " I like you so much", which I considered to be a joke at the beginning, but made me suspect afterward.

All of a sudden, He sends me a cold email about work where he has moved back from kisses to regards, and when I see him , he behaves colder than usual. How can I know if he has turned disinterested all of a sudden or is playing it cool?

Help me please!

Most Helpful Guy

• He likes you and accidentally let it slip out, so now he is trying to make up for it by being hard to get. I hate these games myself, but end up playing hard to get sometimes as kinda a "C.Y.A." type thing. Plus girls that are otherwise head over heels for a guy all of sudden disappear a lot when a guy chases back or confesses to liking a girl. What is a guy to do? He is probably confused as to what to do because he doesn't want to come off as overly interested but doesn't want to come off disinterested either, both of which make women walk away.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, it usually involves me putting on sunglasses and a leather jacket, proceeded by shouts of "Eeeeyyyyyyy."

Works all the time!

• Haha yes, so we try to look cool to the girl.

• okay, but what do you do to look cool to the girl? I mean, what is the behavior ?

• in the 20-ish age group, guys learn to either play it cool and make the girl pursue them a bit, or it doesn't work, lol, the girl thinks he's boring. An idiotic system that girls want, because then--if you like a girl, don't pursue, if you don't like her, don't pursue.

Doesn't work well.

• So you are admitting that you do it? but what?s the reason and how can a woman know if the man is playing it cool or has turned disinterested?

• That's why I think it's an idiotic system and girls should let guys throw it away. I've learned to do it because girls around my age love to 'chase' and unless you make them work for you, they'll soon be saying, 'You're a nice guy...' And how can they know? They can't, really.

• That could reflect his changing moods. Sounds like me.

What Girls Said 1

• DOnt know if you want a girls opinion or not on this, but here goes. If you really like this guy then really start to flirt back with him, either in person or via email.His ego is probably hurt a little but if you start showing him you really like him it will build back up again.

• I have flirted back, really! I don?t know if he didn?t see it that way, but I think he isn?t stupid. Anyway, if he has lost interest or changed his mind all of a sudden in a few days, it doesn't make sense to me at all because we haven?t argued, I haven?t done or said anything innapropriate to him, the last day we saw each other he was teasing me and looked happy and excited, we were laughing together, etc.. so I can`t understand this changed. Why do you think he might be hurt?