If you were the opposite gender, would you date your current self?

I'm a guy. If I were to try and imagine myself as a girl, I'd ask would I date my male self? In all honesty, I don't think I would due to not making much money and only having average looks. At some point, I might get a better job, which would make me more attractive to more girls.

But forget about me. If you're a guy, do you think if you magically changed into a girl, would you date your former male self? Ladies, if you became a man, would you be attracted to your new male alter ego if you stepped back into your female shoes?

• Yes, I would date myself if I were the opposite gender.
  • No, I wouldn't date myself if I were the opposite gender.
  • I'm not sure/see results
2 to one girls think they would date themselves. Only about 50 percent of the guys feel confident that they would be attractive enough to make it happen. What gives with the skewed stats? Are guys less confident than women these days?

Most Helpful Guy

• Would you f*** me? I'd f*** me lol

What Girls Said 33

• My jaw dropped when I saw how conceited some people are! It's one thing to have self-confidence and assurance, but another to think you're God's gift to the earth. Damn, people, have some humility! Hahah, okay, now that that's off my chest...

I think this is a great question. Very refreshing from the ordinary questions on GAG, so thank you.

I think I'd date myself.. I'm a very stable person; no mood swings and I'm not a serial killer.. I'm very loving and thoughtful for not only my significant other but my friends and family as well. I'm not perfect, but my standards aren't very high either, so I think if I turned into a guy I would be okay with dating myself.

• I wouldn't date myself. I have bad mood swings, I lose confidence in myself at the drop of a hat, and regardless of what I actually look like, I find myself plain. Not to say that I mope around all the time--I'm not constantly sad, but when I am, it's bad. I think I would find the rest of my personality attractive, but I wouldn't want to deal with the bouts of emotional problems.

Then again, I do have a boyfriend who handles my mood swings really well and is very supportive when I'm hard on myself. Either I'm not nearly as bad as I think I am, or my boyfriend is just really tolerant. Or I'm not meant to date myself...

• i think I'm confused...I interpreted your poll question as, if I were a guy tomorrow would I date a girl like I was yesterday...and I would. I don't know if I'd date a guy version of me. I mean... I can't really imagine what a guy version of me would be like. if he were to have my characteristics, I'd probably date him. But then wouldn't you just date the same person as you are, wouldn't that make things boring? I kind of look for someone who isn't too much like me.

oh, I am so confused! >.<

• i don't know about other people in the way they see me , but when it comes to a relationship I guess it 's certain that I would , I respect the person I love and I don't do maths iam willing to give anything for my boyfriend , iam loyal and the best of all I could make my boyfriend love me and that was a miracle itself ..

• Hell yes I would date myself! I'm freaking hot! Most girls that have my body haven't had any kids and I already have two kids and I'm still thin :) THANK GOD! I love my lips,my eyes,my style,my personality,my sense of humor and I have a huge heart! I'm a hard worker(although right now I'm jobless). But yes,I would most definitely date myself.

• If I was a boy I would date me :)

I would be a great partner, either sex!

I've got a good personality, I'm smart, grounded, love to talk about new things, have nice enough looks :) and am all around ^^ a great partner ^-^

• How would you know you'd have nice enough looks if you were a guy?

• I think guy me would like girl me :)

Just like girl me would like guy me

• I would date myself because I'm physically attractive, but I would never think of being in a relationship with myself. Too complicated sometimes.

• Well I have a love interest I'd like to date more than myself but if you take away that factor yes I would date a male version of myself, or even a slightly different female version of myself. xD

• Haha I have actually thought about that before. Honestly because of my personality it wouldn't work out. My father and I have almost the same personality which causes us to fight all the time and I'm not close to him. Meaning I'm pretty sure the same thing would occur. I'm not saying I have a bad personality, its just that it seems that my personality doesn't go well with personalities that are similar.

• I think I would. But I wouldn't have wanted to date a girl like who I was 5 years ago. I've changed a lot for the better, and I think I'm good enough to actually share myself with someone now (I don't mean that in an arrogant way).

• I'm a woman and If I were a man I would definitely date me. I'm independant, curvy (but not fat), tall, wicked sense of humour, kind, compassionate and career driven. Absolutely - I totally would!

• Sounds good. Do men want to date you right now?

• I want to say yes but I don't know... They way we perceive ourselves can be different to how others perceive us. We might think we're sane but we can actually be crazy... I'm not crazy and I have table manners so why not. I like this question :)

• I know it sounds arrogant but I think I would. I think I'm pretty decent looking, not perfect for sure but decent and I think I make a pretty good girlfriend

• Heck ya, who wouldn't?! Lol just kidding :)

I probably might be interested, but if I was a male with the exact same personality, we would never ever ever work. We would butt heads so bad.

• I sure would! I love my body, I'm healthy, loyal, great sense of humor and got a lotta love to give. Unfortunately all I've met are jerks and guys I just weren't attracted to. It'll happen for me tho and I can't wait! :)

• How many guys have approached you? Do you just think they are ugly, that is, the ones who aren't jerks? Why aren't you attracted to them? If it isn't looks, what about their personality is driving you away from them?

• Not ugly I just had no physical pull towards them. They are nice guys and I'm even friends with some of them but they know where I stand. Why lead someone on if I don't have that basic urge? A couple even have gfs now and I'm happy for them and glad that I was honest with them. I'm not often approached but I am stared at and given little smiles sometimes. Guys I meet are through friends usually.

• this question kinda makes my head hurt. I have no idea..

• Is it that hard to think outside the box? Or is the problem that you don't understand the differences between men and women well enough to classify them and consider all of those aspects while speculating?

• it's that I'd like to think guys would be attracted to me but I don't actually know why anyone would like me so..

• Well, no, I'm not my own type. Kinda. Maybe.. ? o.O

• Yes, I'd date myself. I do have flaws but I'm still an awesome person.

• Do men want to date you? How's your love life been so far?

• My love life isn't the best but I'm working on that. I did make a couple mistakes with the guy I was seeing a few months back...but that's OK since I did learn from that. With that said, many guys do approach me though they usually have ulterior motives. Now I do know how to avoid such guys.

• to be honest, probably not.

• Why not?

• i have a couple of issues I need to sort out for myself first

• What issues would be so bad that a guy wouldn't want your current self? Have you thought that perhaps you're harder on yourself than a guy would be?

• Great question. I can't imagine what I'd be like as a male, but yes my male self would date my female self. I wonder what Freud would say about this lol

• Yes,I would definitely date myself and marry myself!My dad says I am a good person.Haha.

• ya but it probably wouldn't work for the long term because two people who are too much alike usually aren't compatible

• Yep, I would date myself. I love who I am.

• I'd say no.

• Heck yeah! I'm pretty and have nice personality...so yes,I would date myself if I was a guy

• I know what you mean, I'm not bad looking, I'm funny, and I cook great. Hell, I'd have a jump start on the whole situation if this happened, because I already jerk myself off LOL

• o.O Wow,I got downvote for bring honest .lol!

• being*

@michael0314. LOL! Exactly,there is nothing wrong with loving ourselves xD

(ps I'm a terrible cook! still..I would date myself,lol)

• Hell yeah!

• I wouldn't date myself if I was a guy. Hell, I wouldn't even be my own friend.

• Ouch, why not?

• I have major depression, and I feel like I'm just obnoxious, always miserable, and not attractive in the least. But meh, that's just my thought. I have friends and a boyfriend, so you know.

• Well, glad to hear you have some folks that care about you.

• i wouldn't I'm very very insecure

• What are you insecure about?

• everything I use to be over weight, I lost a bunch and I'm still insecure :/

• But you look better now? Hey, chin up!

• i would think girls would have less confidence as the % of young women developing eating disorders is increasing. Their self esteem is low and they do not like their body, sometimes disliking themselves completely.

• Would you date you? Why or why not?

• no I would not date myself. I'm too broken. they say you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

• Sure, I'd be totally, irrevocably, head over heels in love with myself haha

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 29

• On the assumption that my female persona wanted to be with a fairly crazy, pervy man, and wanted to get pounded lots, the answer is yes LOL

• "2 to one girls think they would date themselves. Only about 50 percent of the guys feel confident that they would be attractive enough to make it happen. What gives with the skewed stats? Are guys less confident than women these days?"

I think it says Males are more realistic and honest, forget the stereotypes.

• Definitely. If I was somehow warped into the body of a female with the psychology of a female, I'd date the currently existing male version of me. I'd have to be attracted to dudes of course which is why this is difficult to imagine.

But I think this is more a question of putting yourself in other people's shoes do you reckon you're quality dating material. And my answer is yes, I believe, from my experience that I most definitely am.

• ugh, no lol.

• You're being kind of silly. There's no way to know how you'd end up if you were the opposite gender. Also, if you're talking about a clone of yourself with the Y chromosome removed or added, that's creepy. I mean, I'd be willing to bet I'd look hot since I have skinny genes and the women in my family have nice features (all you have to do as a girl is wear tight clothes and paint your face up, etc), but not to myself. No, thanks... creepy.

• Yes, but I'd have to be a damn sight better looking!

• Yes, if I was a girl I'd date myself. I'm a burly strong-looking guy with a cute baby-face, I dress well, I'm charismatic and very sociable.

I voted "A".

• Of course, I say this to myself in the mirror everyday. link

• I'm pretty sure I would. I know I have a lot to offer.

• Yeah, I'd date myself. Hell, I would date myself as a guy, no transformation necessary.

• Ha, noooo.

I know myself well enough to know how much of a womanizer I am.

• Surprisingly girls seem to have more confidence.

• If I were the opposite gender I'd be lesbian. Girls are so much better than men. XD

• Hell yeah! I'm awesome. Although, it is getting kinda creepy thinking about this question too much, hahaha... I'm starting to picture having a relationship with myself and it's really weirding me out lmao.

• @Update: Probably the fact that you have a really small set of data. Don't try to make generalizations based on just a few people polled haha.

• NOOO I'm way more quiet and lone wolf type. I only want to be social when I have to. I like girls who are more outgoing. Opposites attract they say, and I believe that 100%.

• LOL, hell no!

• No way. It would take one heck of a woman to deal with me.

• i voted B, I wouldn't date myself

• Considering I know how loving and loyal I can be in a serious relationship? Yep.

• If I were a women and saw my ugly fat mug, I would kill us both.

• I would be ugly, nerdy, boring, and annoying so no

• Absolutely not. Too scary to think about.

• No way.

• Yeah I'd date myself

• of course not. my male version would be my twin brother.

• Really interesting question, I've thought of this before too. Kind of begun using it actually as a measuring stick for myself, to be the person I'd like to be.

Currently, no way I'd date myself.

• Yeah

• Definitely not. What girl would want to date a manic depressive "bishonen" (even though I'm f***ing of age, I look like a kid) with eating disorders, a sharp tongue, sick sense of humor and an obnoxious accent? (Not to mention I wouldn't date a girl form of myself, or any girl for that matter xD)

• Absolutely. Of course I have flaws, but I am a great guy with a heart of gold.

• Do girls want to date you? How's it been going so far?

• Good deal.

• Thanks man.