Dating/ don't know what to call it online? Help, please!

Basically, there's this guy in India I met on a sight called Snog, it isn't a dating site or anything but we got talking and added each other on Facebook. He explained stuff he has difficulties expressing to people in his life, and I did too, we got to know each other, through words and gained each others trust. I didn't see this as anything other than a strong bondage of some sort of penpal type of thing, but he later became obsessed, demanding I tell him if I've been out, and who with, where I am, what I'm doing and why I don't reply literally 2 seconds after receiving a message from him. He later on added that he has strong feeling for me and that he bought me a gift, and hopes to someday give it to me, but face to face because he wants to watch my eyes fill up with 'happy tears' as he gives it to me? I got really uncomfortable with it all and explained this to him. He then later on added he dreamt about me and started giving me nick names based on those dreams, and wrote explicit poems about 'us.' I told him he was mixing fantasy with reality ... I blocked him and he made 7 different account contacting me (I blocked them all) and am now unsure as to whether I should unblock, and remain friends? HELP PLEASE!

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't unblock and remain friends. This person sounds unstable. Do what you can to report them and block. But I wouldn't start talking to him again. I've had stuff like this happen to me too, it's scary, but it comes with living in an age where we have access to all sorts of people online. The thing to remember is that you don't owe anyone anything.

I once had a guy (from india interestingly enough) who demanded that I move to his country and see him. I told him I was not interested and I was merely only interested in meeting people from my area and he got scary and angry. So I blocked and deleted him. We had only been talking for a few minutes and he was already acting like I owed him something for a simple online conversation that he initiated. The best way to deal with obsessive people like this is to just block and report. I'm sure you are not the first person he has done this to. Some people get desperate and scary online. Just don't share any personal information like your address or anything with people online. Protect yourself.

Online dating can be a helpful way to meet people, but I wouldn't reveal any personal info until you have known someone for a while and know they are safe.

What Guys Said 5

• When you said India I was reading on ready to see if he was going to ask you for money because that's usually how it goes for a lot of people. Unfortunately this is how obsessive some guys can be even though there is no real relationship even going on.

• Lose him.

• Get a new account, report him, etc.

• OMG! someone can be so much obsessed!

Even I am an Indian, but I suggest you to create a new account! actually this is kind of a social harrasment. so you better work upon it...

• He seems like a lunatic, just ignore it.

What Girls Said 2

• Made 7 accounts and added you again? Yeah I know right.Crazy Indian guy who doesn't have a social life.They aren't free to do many things in their country especially dating.Internet is one of the tool for them to express their loneliness and frustration,also 'fulfill' their fantasy.You better avoid and ignore him though.

• he made 7 acounts after you blocked him, chick make a new account and this is why you don't meet guys online! their crazy that's why they don't have girls where they live!. report him for having them accounts and make you a new account and tell him to trip on a rock and die!