Went on a date with a girl, now having regrets.

So, I went on a date with a girl that I met online. Turns out she is way fatter than I was led to believe online.

She is a 10 in personality, but she weighs more than me. I could tell that she tried super hard to impress me, so I felt kind of guilty and let the date go on a bit longer. I was a gentleman and treated her very well, but I don't know what to do now. She has been texting me all day, and I know she is still interested.

Told her that I didn't think it would work.

She was very angry, as expected. It's her right, and I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Oh well, glad that's over with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, first always answer something along the line that you are "busy"...I know it is hard but slowly stop answering the text and she will get the message. Look, you tried and unfortunately, you are not attracted to her. I love personality but if there is no sexual attraction, it can't be helped. You will only hurt her more if you pretend to continue with this and realized that she gained more weight and only be hurting you both.

You gave it a try and it didn't work out so you got to move forward. That is a shame but online dating usually are something this (people are not always funny, cute, and blah). I saw a coworker linkedin and he was in his 20s in the picture but when you met him, he was in his 50s!

What Girls Said 10

• its guys like you who make girls insecure about themselves! I was worried about meeting a guy I met over the internet cos I thought he wouldn't fancy me in person even though he's seen 100s of pics of me on fb and I am slim. I wouldn't meet him cos I didn't feel pretty enough and now I regret not dating him but now iv read this I'm not too sure! he may ahve reacted the way you did which is what I was worried about then I would have felt so worthless. you say that her personalty is a 10?! so why not try one more date at least? are afew extra pounds that important you superficial twat...she may weigh more than you but from what I've read she's ten times better and deserves more!

• The weight is a deal breaker, let him be.

• he could have helped her lose weight. girls should learn to be confident.

keep tellingyouself how great you are. if you don't lvoe your self no one else will. here's an inspring quote

"a-rod sometimes forgets he's the best. me, I never forget".

Message: you're the best. don't forget

• A few extra pounds are not that important. An extra hundred pounds would be important. Am I superficial? No. I gave her a chance. But the simple fact is, a terrific personality cannot completely compensate for a lack of sexual attraction. Would you buy a car with a rusted out exterior, but comfy seats and a good sound system? I sure wouldn't.

• Respond to a few texts if its small talk/conversational for a few days and let things trail off. Say she texts you 6 times, only respond twice with decreasing frequency. If she asks what's wrong tell her you got back with an ex

• If you don't see yourself accepting her then I think you should not feel guilty and let her go, tell her you don't have the same feelings for her anymore. this way you are doing her a favor . Don't just date her out of guilt, this is so wrong, don't even ignore her. She will get hurt really bad if she knew what you are thinking.

Best way is tell her you don't have any chemistry with her anymore, you don't feel like you are compatible and that you want to just stay friends if possible, tell that she is a good girl and that she will find a better man.

Stop ignoring her text, that is so mean and heartless, at least act like a man and face her. She will get hurt but then she will get over it and be happy again.

• Just tell her you don't feel the chemistry and you're sorry.

• Well, if you aren't going to have the balls to just tell her the truth tactfully... Then let her know that you had fun, but unfortunately you didn't feel a connection and wish her luck.

Don't just ignore her. That's ridiculous.

• It was a date, it's not like she's your girlfriend. If weight is the most important thing to you it's not required that you see her again. Tell her that you don't think she's right for you. Don't just "phase out texting." That's rude and she'll never really know what happened or what you thought. Do the right thing and tell her you don't want a second date.

• 1 date does not a relationship make. If she cannot handle the idea that she went on a date and it didn't work out then its her own issues and not yours. You have nothing to be guilty about :)

• She can't loose weight? :/

• It was from an online dating site. She posted those close up face shots that made her look way thinner than she is.

I didn't expect to date a model. Weight isn't normally a huge deal for me. On the contrary, I prefer thicker women. But she was over the top...

• Regardless, anyone who wants to meet anyone from online should first see them on cam, not just pictures, especially if they are ONLY face shots.

• Ok, firstly ignore everyone who is telling you to stealthily phase out the texting. Don't play stupid games like that. Just tell her you had a great time but that there was just no chemistry,

• Come on now, that's a stupid game. If you're going to say he should be honest, than he should be COMPLETELY honest. You can't just pick and choose the things you like when it comes to what's right and wrong.

• Grow some and meet women in person and not online. Seriously, you don't know who you're meeting.

• Sounds good. Just like you should grow some and not answer anonymously. ;)

• She may also be perfectly content with answering anonymously, no?

• Difference is that she is criticizing me for something she is doing herself. I couldn't give a rats azz what she does.

What Guys Said 4

• LOL You should have told her to lose some weight. She's living in denial. From that point, it would be her choice.

• This is the part where I stop texting her back.

• hmm... I understand why you feel guilty but why doesn't she feel guilty too for faking her pics?

• Tell her to go to the gym and then we'll talk

• @badAngel Hello beautiful ;), what makes you so bad?

• @update If anyone should be mad its you, because she lied about her weight. Even if you never discussed her weight before meeting her she shouldn't have those deceiving pics up. What did she expect, that you wouldn't notice she is fat?