Do you prefer to date extroverted or introverted people?

Question pretty much says it all. Do you prefer to date people that are more extroverted, people that are more introverted or a mix of both? and why? Also do you consider yourself more introverted or extroverted?

• I like to date more INTROVERTED people.
  • I like to date more EXTROVERTED people.
  • I like to date people somewhat in the middle.

Most Helpful Guy

• Introverted people are for more fascinating to me than extroverted.

Definition: Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."

When introverts want to be alone, it is not, by itself, a sign of depression. It means that they either need to regain their energy from being around people or that they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts. Being with people, even people they like and are comfortable with, can prevent them from their desire to be quietly introspective.

Being introspective, though, does not mean that an introvert never has conversations. However, those conversations are generally about ideas and concepts, not about what they consider the trivial matters of social small talk.

Introverts make up about 60% of the gifted population but only about 25-40% of the general population.

• are you saying that extroverted people don't like to think then and that they're more likely to be stupid? Sorry but this is why I don't like introverts because they think they're so much cooler just because they play the disappearing act.

• not everyone has to see it my way, we can simply have our own preferences.

• Again its not anti social. For instance, I consider myself a bit more introverted than extroverted. I had tons of friends and go out more than a lot of people I know. I also just through a party at my house with easily at least 50 people. So I'm social. It just means that after a party like that, I need to the next day to lay low. It also means that being along sometimes doesn't bother me. I don't get as antsy during the times I'm alone as say an extrovert does.

What Girls Said 10

• If I'm going to have a fling, I want the guy to be an extrovert. That way, I don't have to work for his trust nd the whole thing is over with in a couple of weeks, no problem.

But if I'm actually dating for keeps, I want an introvert. If I'm going to work for something, I like having to really work for certain milestones. It feels like more of an accomplishment, and all of that is far more rewarding. I guess I have more in common with that kind of guy, too, when you get right down to it.

I can act like an extrovert if I feel a need to, but I'm really all about my little space with my selective circle of people.

• Wow, you really do seem like my type too!

• You'll find something you don't like shortly, I'm sure haha

• I'm really introverted and I'd prefer someone who's also introverted or in the middle. It would just bring more harmony to the relationship. I've tried dating extroverts, didn't work out because we never understood each other.

• I'd probably want to date someone slightly extroverted, but not obnoxious. It would balance out my more introverted personality. I'm not completely shy, but I tend to be more reserved and quiet until I really warm up to someone.

• I'm extremely introverted. My boyfriend is extremely introverted. It works since both of us are very happy with staying in and watching movies most of the time.

• Extroverted people generally but I'll make acceptions of the introvert is lovely and pleasant to be around :)

• I prefer to date people in the middle. I'm an extrovert with occasional bouts of shyness.

• I think I lean more towards the introverted.

In the middle would be nice...but If I had to choose between the two I would say Introverted.

• I like someone who I can easily talk with and feel safe. Someone that I can trust and who has a good heart. Very hard to find because I usually am shy and guys that I like don't make moves. Sigh.

• Your shyness simply portrays disinterest. I know that's how it usually comes off to me. If you're too shy to make your own move or even show some hints of interest, at the very least learn to be open and friendly if he does interact with you. If you want a guy to like you, all you have to do is be his friend without acting like one of the guys entirely.

• I have no preference. I just don't like the extremes of both.

• Do you know that extroverted does not equal outgoing

Introverted does not equal shy

I'm not sure what my preference is, probably something in between. I wouldn't like 100% introverted. 100% extroverted would also annoy me.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm somewhere in the middle but usually lean a little bit more towards introvert. I could be happy with either one. I've usually preferred more introverted girls before, but lately I've been curious about the more outgoing types.

• I am an extrovert myself.

when you date an extrovert girl,she is pretty open about herself and getting to know her is not much of a challenge.

plus they usually don't hide things which can be a big problem later on in a relationship...

so you connect with them faster and get to know each other easily.

THIS IS WHO I AM...NO PLAYING GAMES

I like this attitude in life

• Kinda don't have a choice lol.

• Overall, I like to date extroverted girls. :)

• If my partner is really social, I might mistake it for her flirting and get jealous... if she is introverted I probably would have never talked to her to begin with.

• mix of both. extroverted girls tend to be very annoying (attention whores) whereas introverted girls tend to be boring.

• I don't like introverts because they don't like people and that is stupid. Sorry that's a simplification but it's largely true I believe, Introverts are introverts because at some level they are anti-people.

• Not really. Do your research. It simply means that mentally they can only handle so much social interaction before they become mentally tired and need to reset. Extroverts are like energizer bunnies, introverts are like wind up dolls.

• Well I consider myself more of an introvert and I'm more social than most people I know. I go out almost every night of the week, have tons of friends, like to perform in front of people, and just through a party with over 50 people at my house. It just means that if I have to spend time alone for a day, I'm OK with that and will not be as antsy as an extrovert. I have just as much fun being alone as I do being with other people. The big theme you will see in any definition is the idea that for

• introverts social interaction is more mentally draining. Not that it isn't enjoyable, it just uses up more of their energy. An introvert will attend a party and leave at midnight because their brain is friend and just need some times alone to relax. The extroverts will be there all night, crash, and not go home the entire weekend. Both will have enjoyed the party, but one will find his energy run thin, faster than the other.

• introverted

• Introverted women understand me better.

• I've never met a single extrovert who was nice to be around.

The nearest I've ever come to that was a "social introvert".

• I am very introverted myself, and I am not picky. lol I can't afford to be anyway.