Do girls bring up other guys as a test?

I was having a girl over for dinner and we had fun. there were a lot of positive signs but she also talked about a guy she was dating. When I didn't really reply she re-phrased herself and told me it was not actually dating but they went out a couple of times and she didn't hear from him for a while...that got me confused... am I in the friend zone or was she trying to test me?

thnx for the comments, this kinda threw me off, but she stayed up untill her last bus so she most certainly had a good time. When I walked her to the busstop she linked her arm in my arm and walked really close to me, the only part about the evening that didn't make sense was her brining up this guys..

Most Helpful Girl

• Testing? I never understood this 'testing' concept fully. Did you ask her if she was dating anyone? Perhaps this was just her honest answer? Rarely do I act in a certain way, or say something just to coax a reaction.

Anyhow to answer your question, I don't think you are friend zoned. She retracted her statement and made it clear they were not serious. Honestly, I think she may have just been sharing some personal information with you. What might have happened is she realized what she was sayin and tried to back pedal. Sounds like she was more interested in that guy than he was in her. Also, sounds like she might've caught herself from pushing you away.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes she's testing you, she likes you and want to see if the feeling is mutual,haha just ignore it I would let them know its a better way to find or if I like you allot, and walk her to the bed room lol j/k...but yea most likely she was testing you...so let it roll off your back for now, but the next time she does it I would address it, ...u know so it don't become a habit of tryin to make you jealous to get a reaction, cause the next time it might not be the one she wants...good luck she seems like a fire cracker.

• she probably really likes you but is unsure as to whether or not she's ready to move on. it could go either way..if the gu she brought up goes out with someone else and she goes after him then she will know she loves him more...versus you...just give it time.

• shes testing youuuu...all/or close to all females test men, even if they end up ruining relationships...most guys don't give flat out honest answers, and that's all a woman wants to hear and know

• She was probably testing, u. Us women play games like that to try to get a reaction from ya.

• yes they totally. do. and you should play it cool. act indifferent. don't let it affect you and definitely don't let it show if it does. and if she's over at your house having dinner and you guys are having fun..she's certainly considering you for potential dating..

What Guys Said 0