I feel like the biggest loser. I have never had a girlfriend or been on a date. how do I start to do this?

I am going to be 26 years old on December 31st. I don't know what it is. I have always been very shy, and I have major anxiety in social settings. Also I feel like I miss social cues, or flirtatious behavior . How can I get into this. Where can I meet girls, especially if I live in a suburb?

Most Helpful Guy

• You've probably heard this before, but the best solution is to get out of your comfort zone. If you do the same thing over and over again, why would you expect the results to be any different? It's a simply true answer, that requires a lot if work on your part, but will give you the best results if followed.

What Girls Said 2

• how do I start to do this?

Probably suited to work on your shyness, social anxiety, and reading up on facial expressions/body language/nonverbal communication to pick up on social cues and flirtatious behavior.

How can I get into this?

Public speaking groups.

Where can I meet girls, especially if I live in a suburb?

In my opinion almost anywhere- streets, parks, grocery stores, book stores, etc.

• How is not dating equivalent to being a loser? Why don't you try speed dating or online dating sites like OkCupid or something?

In case you're still feeling lost, loser-like, etc - I'm 24 and have never been with a guy/ on a date and, I definitely think I'm cool to hang with. Chill out, have fun. Romance ain't the only thing on the planet, y'know!

What Guys Said 2

• I would consider seeing a therapist that specializes in social anxiety; It's even possible you have aspergers.

• I don't think that I have aspergers becausebI work as a swimming instructor which means that I am communicating things to students all the time. And as a lifeguard telling peolle rules or giving directions. I have sewn other threads anout that but I don't tjonk I have that. I think its just that I dontknow jow to reconize and respond to the girls.

• www.askmen.com it helps and has some good pointers!