Is it true that paid online dating sites are better than the free dating sites? have a better chance of

meeting someone? that you have a better chance at connecting, meeting someone on a paid online dating site than you would on a free online dating site?

Because a friend of mine, who is kinda a late bloomer in dating and relationships, just got his very first girlfriend at the age of 25, he's been with her since last June now, so 5 months and counting now, as for me, I'm almost 25, and I still have never had a girlfriend, never been in a relationship, and it is very depressing, frustrating for me.

He told me the dating site he met her on was eHarmony, he had to pay for that.

For the longest time, I've been relying on free dating sites that have no charge, that don't even cost a penny, such as Plentyoffish and OkCupid, but sadly I've had no luck on them, and I don't have many friends, not much of a social circle, so I'm not that outgoing so it's kinda hard for me to put myself out there and meet girls in the real world, in person, etc.

So, are dating sites in which you have to pay for, are they better than free dating sites?

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh, not really. They are all sausage-fests, with 95% of the men seeking quick sex, and 80% of the women just on there for the validation and attention and not serious about actually dating. It's sad because the 95% men do ruin it for decent men looking for something serious for the very few women on the sites that actually do want to date.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• No. I have heard there are just less people and the women are ultra picky. I imagine if they paid money to meet a guy they are not going to settle for anything less than a 6'8" ripped investment banker who moonlights as a comedian. You should stick to the free sites.

• that guy you mentioned who got his very first girlfriend on there, he probably was very good looking but just had social anxiety growing up

• i wouldn't know since I've never tried them

• I've actually found the opposite to be true -

I've enjoyed moderate success with okcupid (free site), but with pay sites, absolutely nothing.

• Unless you're very attractive or wealthy, or both, online dating sites for men are generally the pits. You'll have a much better chance of meeting girls and finding a girlfriend at parties, sporting events, book and coffee shops etc, than online. Hitting on girls the old fashioned way works. A lot of the girls online are looking for free meals, emotional vampires, girls with lots of issues, etc. That's not to say you can't find some diamonds in the rough, but overall, online dating is a joke for men.

I've tried both paid and free sites. As an average looking man with an average sallary, I got perhaps a 5% reply rate, and most of those never led to dates. My ability to get phone numbers and dates in real life is triple that. Remember, getting a girlfriend is about showing guts. Girls automatically think less of a man for having to resort to online dating. Don't put yourself in a corner, go out and hit on girls in real life.