Girl postponed our date. Is she just not interested?

So I've been talking to this girl for almost two weeks now. We hung out the first time like a week and a half ago and haven't since. She laughed a lot,seemed into me, I guess.

Since then we've sort of just been talking through texts. She immediately told me she's into being friends first and foremost which to me meant at first that she's not interested in anything beyond that? She said she feels the need to say that cause one time a guy told her she was sending mixed signals and they had only met once. She said she says it in the beginning now just to keep the pressure off? (thoughts?)

Well anyway, we text almost everyday but I'm always the one to initiate (except once). So I finally asked her to hang out again. I didn't call it a date or anything. And she seemed really excited about it. But today she sent me a text that she's got a lot of homework and it's the only day her friend can cut her hair or whatever so she asked "can we postpone?" She didn't give a date. I wanna know if I'm reading into this too much or is she kinda just not interested? I mean she did ask to postpone but that could be her just trying to be nice.And she sent a text right after saying she's really sorry and she feels like a a flake. But still. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if she seemed into you the first time you hung out, that's pretty good. Her whole friends thing is a bit of a red flag though. It's hard to tell if she's being genuine or if she's just friendzoning you. With texting, most girls want guys to initiate all the time so don't worry about that part. Postponing doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't want to hang out though! Plus she does seem sorry about it. I'd say just give her another chance, and if she postpones again, then maybe try to just stick to being friends.

What Girls Said 2

• I can tell you this if she was truly into you she wouldn't postpone and if she absolutely had to she would give you another date. I can tell you the only times I have postponed a date are if I'm not real excited about it and something better comes up. So maybe she would hang out with you again but id say she isn't all that interested. I would date other people and talk to her but if she still acts the same let her go its not worth it.

• Ask her out again and see what she says. If she comes up with excuses, she's not interested. If she goes on another date, she is interested ... just got busy.

What Guys Said 1

• Texting is usually a bad sign. Most girls will call and talk to you on the phone. Girls are tricky but you're a man so you can come up with a plan. If I was you I would tell you to try what I tried once. One time I wanted to know if a girl liked me but I didn't no whether she was taking her time. very similar to your story. So I got one of my friends who have no trouble with getting girls who also knew her. I told him ill buy him a pizza if he tries to talk with her. He did it, she fell for the bait, and he let me in on the results and I was sadly proven wrong. She was putting me off, and my friend showed me some text messages she sent basically begging him to hang out with her :( . Wasnt all bad though I met my present day girlfriend a few months later :)