Who is more pickier in dating, guys or girls?

Or do you think its an individual thing?

• Guys
  • Girls
  • Depends on the person

Most Helpful Guy

• If a girl was to walk into a party, look at hundreds of guys, and come out not interested in one of them. Why? Because women's attraction is about like their orgasms. It takes a long time to build momentum.

As such, I would say girls are pickier at first. They could walk around and be attracted to a minority of guys, while a guy could walk around and be attracted to the majority of girls.

In terms of who they would sleep with, girls are also much pickier. It seems like a common stereotype that men would sleep with anyone, while women have "standards". But the fact is, girls aren't nearly as aroused by appearance as guys.

For them, most of the fantasies are action-based, and actions don't quite come through in appearance, meaning there is very little instantaneous attraction.

---------

Not to be confused, however, with judgement by appearance, in which girls are just as guilty a guys. Mr. Stud muffins could probably go up and smack a girl's behind and she'd be flattered, telling her friends about the flattering compliment she received. But if a nerdy looking guy goes up and says "I like you" he's suddenly a predator, and she goes to warn her friends about the "creeper", which is at least as stigmatizing as the word "slut".

----------------

Also, it seems like girls run on "I'm not interested in you until you prove you're attractive", and guys kinda have more of a "I'm interested in you until you prove you aren't attractive." (Which appearance tends to do quickly if there are obvious problems.)

Even the male "ideal" versus female "ideal" is harder for men to achieve. Muscular is both more expensive, and requires extensive workouts and precise dieting. Thin has more to do with the ratio of calories taken in to calories used. The reason the women's ideal is a bigger deal is that women are judged by their appearance for things that aren't even related, like competence and intelligence.

----------------------

Now, take all these things and place them in American culture. We are obsessed with being loners, calling it "independent", and we're more afraid of physical contact and closer relationships.

This means that most girls don't know as many guys all that well, which is necessary for building attraction with women. So while guys are turned on often, girls are rarely turned on. Which is where you get the stereotype that guys are mindless sex slaves and girls are the ones with "standards".

You go to Europe, in more closely-knit communities, and this isn't quite the case. In Sweden, men and women approach each other about as often, and American girls stand out for expecting to be wined and dined by their boyfriends. It's also common to have sex after the first "date". In the Netherlands, it's common to have sex and THEN consider having a relationship.

When people are closer with each other, men's and women's libidos become more balanced, and lots more sex happens.

What Guys Said 21

• Girls because just look at our society. Guys tend to go for any girl who they find attractive or easy to talk to whereas for girls a guy has to be almost perfect. Why else do you see only 20 to 30 percent of men going out or having sex with 70 to 80 percent of the women? Call me bitter if you want but I can't blame just my looks and lack of "game" for my girl problems. Girls' pickiness play a part too. People say guys are more picky in looks but if you think about it, girls are equally as picky in looks as guys. But girls look at other areas too like they are much more picky in a guy's money, car, height, muscles, etc. Not to mention it's quite hard for a guy to be himself around girls because he never knows what might turn her off. And when it comes to looks department where girls complain about how picky and shallow guys are, just take a look at overweight/obese people. In order for an overweight/obese guy to get a date, he needs to be rich as hell whereas there are tons of fit guys who are actual chubby chasers and go for overweight/obese women without money being the issue. Anyways I'm done with my essay now.

• I can't speak for all guys but I'm very picky about physical attributes.

• I'd say it's an individual thing largely, but for the sake of it I'll say female. If only for the sake that women tend to have this delightful image of being entirely non shallow, et cetera.

• Girls obviously since guys settle for almost anything.

very few guys are choosy like me

• Everything is an individual thing.

• Girls are

• Idk, I'm pretty picky... lol

• LOL! I do not like the way you worded your Question...I think that...on average...females are more picky...however...individuality is definitely in play here...ya know...even some of my long time friends might be surprised...but I look for easy-going females...I mean...not high-strung.

• What is wrong with the way I worded my question? I think everyone able to understand it so are you.What is the problem?

• I mean that you gave a us a choice between girls & guys...but then you threw in individuality...that made the equation much less easier to define...o.O

• Hmm, I'd say girls in general, but, it's more likely dependent on the person. I've just seen it far more from girls. They have WAY too many standards and expectations.

• "More pickier"?

• What is the problem? If you are gonna ask me back a question,don't bother to answer anything here.You aren't answering it at all.

• it depends on person...opinion matters..

• For me, I'm not picky at all about who she is as long as she lays on her back. But when it comes to RELATIONSHIPS I have very high expectations.

But in general it's girls.

• Who knows, are you picky? I try to be, but sometimes I'm just a meany.

• Depends on the person.

• i would have to say its an individual thing

• Girls.

• girls are, they have to be because of evolution, very extremely limited amount of offspring to produce

• girls because they over analyze things. A guy is more likely to say what the hell lets give it a shot.

• I do think it depends on the person, but on average, I would say girls are pickier. Girls like to complain that guys are picky because we are drawn to pretty girls, but girls are drawn to good looking guys. They act as if we have no pressure when it comes to dating. We have to be decent looking. We have to have confidence. We have to have money. We have to be funny and charming.

As for me, I would like a girl that is decent looking, not promiscuous, and isn't too drama laden. I don't see that as too much to ask for.

• girls are without a doubt. do you know how many guys out there will f*ck or date anything that breathes? a lot.

• It''s an individual thing but women may be a little bit pickier,

What Girls Said 9

• I think a lot of guys are quick to say that it's girls. But in all honesty, I think both genders are equally capable of being picky (or not picky). We all have preferences, and I think it comes down to how we perceive the behavior of the other gender in terms of our own biases and perspectives. For example, if guys ask girls out more often, they will be rejected more often, and thus will develop the perspective that girls are pickier. But who is making the decision about which girls he asks out? He is. So he's being picky in his own right, whether he realizes it or not. And even if his standards are lower than they could be, that still doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Who is more pickier in dating,guys or girls?

Likely gals as it seems most gals look at dating as a precursor to a committed long-term relationship while most guys don't think past pretty and put out as a relationship beyond f*cking her doesn't enter their mind.

I think it's an individual thing in certain situations.

• I think guys are pickier when it comes to looks and girls are pickier when it comes to things like whether he had a house, car, and income. I think both genders are equally picky when it comes to behavior. But it really does depend on the person.

• fake girls all care about money status wealth only real girls care about looks and gentlemen.

• Definately girls, they are more judgmental and worry about their social status more than guys do, guys are more laid back and easy going.

• I think it is an individual thing. People can try and stereotype and say males or females are more picky, but it really just depends on the person because we're all different. Sometimes, I think we are a bit less picky depending on circumstances in our lives. Say for instance, one has been single for awhile...they might be at a stage where they are a bit less picky. Whereas someone could be in their prime, so to speak, and have realized that they are picky and can be.

• I think men and women are equally picky, but about different things. So in that respect, I'll vote C.

• We need to be, can't let any and everything steal all our cookies.

• Definitely girls.

Not all girls though. It depends on who she is.

• I think guy overall

They are more shallow