Would you date a black man or girl?

Also, state your race in a comment if you vote. Go anon if you have to. :)

And I'm asking this for a friend, so be nice in your comments. :P

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to be honest here... probably not. I don't know, I'm generally just not attracted to black males. However, I will say that some of them can be attractive; it's just rare for me to actually be incredibly attracted to them!

I'm also a white female, 19 years old.

• I appreciate your honesty! Does your attraction vary by the skin tones (dark/light)? Their style? For example, he wears snapbacks and nerd glasses, or has a Lenny Kravitz style?

• I feel you! I know exactly what you mean. I don't really find Black girls physically attractive, not because of skin but their features. Somali girls are brown skin but their features are amazing. Middle eastern people have amazing features (The women <3). I love how objective you are, and awareness of why you feel the way you do (Not common). What kinds of style would you be more receptive to? Do you find Chris Brown attractive? Lenny Kravitz?

• And girls who AVIDLY search out black guys = gross (For me at least)

What Girls Said 8

• white, 35

yes, I would if I liked him and was attracted to him. No hesitation...seen many gorgeous black men. Thankfully, the racists of the past are mostly dead. The color of his skin is irrelevant. Who he is as a man and how he interacts with the world is what matters.

• I completely agree with the character thing. And amen to the racists dying off! lmao

• YES! I love black guys! I'm a latin, native American Indian, scotish, and italian lady!

• I voted yes.I'm Caucasian.

• Yeah I would

• As an African American female, I don't ever see myself dating a black man.

This is actually an issue that's had me pretty sad lately. Generally, black men in America are destroying the black community. If it's not tons of them going to jail, praising hood mentality religiously which then causes them to act like they have no sense, no hometraining, no social grace, no self control at all, or not being fathers to their children, then they are glorifying white culture while they exclude and belittle their own women. There is a small percentage of black men that aren't apart of this and I'm honestly not patient and not interested enough to go look for them. Black men have been nothing but a huge disappointment to me. They used to be all I was interested in, but if they weren't acting like hood trash, they were making me feel undesirable for not being white or Latina or Asian. It's disgusting. No other race of men treats their women the way black men do.

btw, thanks for not blocking anon users yet requesting a pretty personal perspective :)

• Whoa, whoa whoa. Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. I'm mixed but my dad's black and so is half of my family. There's some good one's out there. I understand the stereotype. Some guys give in to the hype and are ghetto or whatever. But I think the "small percentage" of good black guys out there is bigger than you think.I think black women can be beautiful and I'm not gonna stop liking all black women just cause of a few run ins with some crazies, you know?

• jayden542, you are mixed but your dad is black...of course, because black men are breeding out the black race by creating half-breeds everywhere. There will hardly be black families, if any, in America in the next 50 years.

I'm not waiting around for a black man who finally acts like he has some sense and doesn't glorify the same culture that lynched and oppressed his people.

• I really don't see what you're saying as stereotyping. People always pull the "stereotype" card because there are a few minor exceptions, but this is predominantly the case. I'M one of those minor exceptions, which makes it hard for me to see these poll numbers as applying to me or my friend. And you're welcome, I prefer answers to be honest and to feel comfortable doing so.

• I tend to be more attracted to men of my own race, but I have dated a black man and I've met some I have found very attractive. It really has nothing to do with race for me, just on what I find to be attractive at that particular time.

So, yes I would.

White/27

• probably not.

And I'm mixed.

• I am too, I agree. I just don't connect to most black girls culturally, and I don't really find them attractive because of their features. :\

I'm glad I got you by the way. Why don't lightskinned girls like lightskinned guys?

• Lol cause we look like siblings:P

• haha! I'm dying over here! -__-

• White.

Maybe if he was the right person for me. I'm not partial to black guys but I wouldn't rule the person out.

What Guys Said 6

• I voted yes. But that's because of the 'or'.

I'd only date the black girl. Who I assume is more like a young black woman, or else that's a no too.

Is this helping?

I'm super white. Like "I shake hands with my father" white. Like it annoys me tremendously if someone buttons up the bottom button on a suit jacket white. Like I know the stripe direction difference between a UK and US tie and why white. Like I understand why 'he bought his own furniture' was a put down (though I bought most of mine too).

• Yes, I'll date anyone regardless of race.

White

• black girls have nice booty...and they are more hot and sexy than white. they look hot in bikni and in thong. color don't matter in love and sex.

• black is beautiful and always will be

• Yes and I am white but we are all the same race regardless

• I agree, and I wish we as humans could work together more often. Think of what could be possible

• I do all the time. thnx for you thoughts also

• No to the former, and yes to the latter. lol Most of them are only interested in black guys though. The ones that are willing to date out are the ones that say things like "well, there are no good black men out there, so..." which basically means that they don't really want us. They are just accepting us to keep from being alone or something. Completely the opposite for white girls that like black guys and not to mention there are so many more of those.

• I COMPLETELY (If I could italics that word I would XD) understand what you mean. I personally would be turned off by that too. Not to mention it seems a bit emotionally unstable. And I sort of agree with your last sentence.. But I think the white girls that are really well kept, clean, aren't really into black guys.

• Yeah, they manage to put off and possibly offend all guys, no matter their race, by saying that. It's strange.

You think so? I think quite a few across the spectrum are into them. I think the fortunate thing for you is that there are many many more white girls than there are black guys here, so even if a smaller percentage liked them, it's still a sizable number by comparison, you know?