Who should call next?

i met a guy on a night out, both of us were bit drunk and , he gave me HIS number rather than asking for mine, I waited couple of days and texted, he texted back straight away, I haven't heard from him since... should I call him or let him make the next move? does he sound interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girlfriend, this is a classic guy move from a guy who is not interested. One thing you need to know about guys is that they do not like doing anything that is confrontational. So, if they are really in to you and hot for you, they will ask for your number because they would not risk leaving the ball in your court and having you not call them.

If they are not in to you, they will avoid at all costs having to let you know that while you are sitting in front of them. So, they give you their number because now the work is all yours to establish contact and they may luck out and you will do nothing with it. If they do not luck out, you will try to contact them, they will do something polite like responding, but then they let it drop.

So, the answer is, let it go. He has your number now that you texted him. If he wants you, he will pursue you, trust me. He's not interested so move on to be open to meeting a guy who cannot get enough of you. Oh, and do not do the typical girl blame game. Don't start wondering what you did wrong that he is not calling or wondering if you are not pretty enough, skinny enough, sexy enough or should you have called not texted, etc., etc. Find a guy who is hot for exactly who you are and trust me, he's out there, and you will love the attention he gives you.

What Guys Said 2

• Texting? How sexy is that? The problem with texting is that it carries all the romance of a very short email. There is no room for poetry or anticipation. You did get a quick response and that's always a good sign. What the hell, woman? You've got Feminism, the 21st Century, and some crazy, impetuous youth on your side. If he's a tasty slab o' beefcake with a sense of humor, you'd be a fool not to try and sweep him off his feet! You are currently right smack dab in the middle of your "good ol' days." For the love of Dionysus, get off your cowardly bum and let your fingers do the walking.

Look ahead toward that vast, unfriendly horizon where middle age looms. You're gonna have bills, deadlines, maybe kids, a mortgage, and quite probably a pain-in-the-ass hubby who will drive you to distraction. Believe me, you'll find a lot of satisfaction in the memories of your misspent youth. Make us proud, cowgirl, and go score some frakken satisfaction!

• you said he text right back.. and what did you do? what did he text back? If he only text once, he either isn't interested or more likely lost your number.. give him one more try.

Good Luck

James

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, definately call or text him. Its the only way you'll find out if he's interested, unless you wait for him to make a move... which could be never if he's shy or intimidated by you. I went through the same thing as you with this one guy, and I'm glad I finally contacted him. He was happy to hear from me, and things have been great ever since.

• Sure you should ask him if he would like to go to dinner sometime or a movie or bowling...you get it.

• i say tz him in a couple of days, if he answers ur good to go, but if he does this all over again, drop it :)

• he's not too into you. always let the guy text back. and when he does, wait a couple of hours...

• Yes, you should text or call him.

• Since you have not heard from him, do not call him, let him make the next move. He knows how to get in touch with you if he is interested.

• I don't know what these girls are talking about YOU DONT NO CONTACT HIM AGAIN! If a guy is THAT interested in you he will ask for YOUR number! That's one of the things they talk about in He's Just Not That Into You, but in reality its true if a man is that interested he will ask for your number, that's the way it goes. On the other hand you could say "oh maybe he didn't know if I was interested" or is shy. Okay well you showed your interest and you haven't heard from him since. That shows ALOT. When a guy wants you wants to puruse you, he will move moutains in order to get to you. You wait until HE makes the next move, he should be the one calling you up asking you out on a date. You showed your interest, now let him reciprocate.