Full Box of Middle School/High School Sweetheart stuff-letters, pictures... hair

I have been dating my current boyfriend for 4 years now. We have known each other for 8. His previous girlfriend and him dated for 2. A couple girls before, all long term. We recently moved and he brought a bunch of stuff he had stored at his parents. I have found naked pictures of his ex-high school love, memorable pictures, hundreds (not exaggerating) of letters, gifts, cards, even clippings of her hair in a Ziploc. As far as I know this is not stuff he goes through and he's just been holding onto it along with many other memories of childhood/teen year/etc items. He holds onto stuff I give him but the exuberant amount of stuff he has held onto from this particular high school girlfriend causes me to wonder! Has he let go of her? He never talks of her and says "it was a long time ago". I am really concerned that this stuff is not something he has let go of after 10 years. Also from what I can tell, he was a much sweeter, emotionally present being with her. Before moving, he spend much time going through stuff at his parents to get rid of 'junk' and old things. Why hold on to SO much? Please give me some outside perspectives! Feeling insecure.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is kind of creepy but a lot of people do this. Not to remember the person per say but to remember that he was happy at the point in his life. I would tell him it is OK and that you hope you can make him some great memories of his own.

What Guys Said 1

• All men have pictures of their ex they refuse to get rid of in a secret stash. Having hair is a little sketchy though.

What Girls Said 1

• I would feel very insecure, personally if it was really uncomfortable I would ask if he's over his high school loves then why doesn't he throw this stuff out and create memories with you? I would find it disheartening but I personally am a very insecure person. I wouldn't cope to well if my boyfriend had stuff from his exs. But if he really can't throw it away you can't force him but then again that would make me question if he is over them :/ good luck, sorry this wasn't much help.