Why do girls find brown skinned Indian/Paki guys so unattractive?

Well, I live in China and I don't see any Asian girls who are into brown skinned Indian guys. Chinese girls here in Beijing love dating foreigners but only white guys, black guys, or any other race with a light skin. There are a lot of Indian guys who are light skinned that have absolutely no problem finding a date but if you've got the typical brown skin tone, it's just impossible. Before coming to China, I lived in India for 5 years and Indian girls there mainly just preferred guys with light skin, whether they were light, brown, or dark skinned Indian girls themselves. I'm not trying to say it's entirely impossible for us guys to find a date but our options are very limited. I remember seeing guys in India using a cream called "fair and lovely" just so they can get a light pale skin tone over their brown. All the good looking girls who I saw in India dated light skinned guys. There's one dark skinned Indian girl I know here in China who I find gorgeous but even she only dates guys who are white or light skinned. Back when I was in America growing up in school going to an almost all white school, I approached couple of white girls and got rejected. Later I had few of my white friends telling me white girls find brown skinned guys ugly so it's pointless. Well, now that I've traveled and lived at different parts of the world I've realized it's girls in general who find brown skinned guys ugly. I'm just curious to know why, since I don't fit in the stereotypical category of an Indian with a heavy accent or smells bad. Anyways I hope my question doesn't get overlooked since I typed a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there is a long standing cultural preference in Asian towards lighter skinned people because it was related to wealth. People who were peasants and worked on farms became tanned and these people were poorer. Royalty didn't work on farms and had fairer skin.

I believe it's residual from a long history of wealthier people being fair skinned and laborers have tough bodies with sun-cracked skin.

I think in India it's the same history behind preference for light skin because it used to symbolize wealthier social status.

I've met some Asian guys with darker skin that I personally find attractive.

I'm not too attracted to very many Indian or Middle Eastern men in general.

• Whoa, that's quite true. I never thought that deep into it but this makes a lot of sense lol.

"I'm not too attracted to very many Indian or Middle Eastern men in general." <-- Haha which girl is. That's the question.

What Girls Said 12

• Because of our society. We are not exposed to that being seen as favorable. Unless you have been born into its light. It all depends on the circumstances and the preferences but it all traces back to society's standards and opinions. We have been brainwashed for millions of years that lighter is better. So that mentality is still being flung around sadly. :(

• True but why aren't guys not as picky when it comes to skin color as girls? You see many guys, especially white guys being interested in girls of all sorts of skin color including brown girls whereas girls it's quite the opposite. The mentality is flung around much more among women. Personally, I hate my skin color due to it.

• I see your point, and I completely agree. Take the Kardashians, they are seen as sex icons, but at the end of the day majority of guys are not as 'picky' to girls because as long as they portray assests (ass or boobs) they are deemed as acceptable, (to f***)

• To tell you the truth I thought that I'd never would like a brown skinned person especially me being light skin but as I started knowing him and him being sweet I felled for his personality he's handsome in my eyes and he's Indian and I'm Hispanic lol but I don't know what he thinks of me because I'm light skin so I don't know if he finds me attractive

• I'm sure if he isn't into you it wouldn't be because you're light skinned. Unlike girls, guys rarely care about a girl's skin color.

• Many black guys, Arab guys, and Indian guys do.

• EmpressMe, are you really trying to say black guys care about a girl's skin color? They are probably the most open minded when it comes to skin color. Guys in general don't really find skin color a big deal. It's mostly just girls who do.

• If you mostly see why world is coming to an in racial couples and I think its so cute..

try dating black women.. I think you have way more luck with them or date white women

• I've approached black women before and I was told "sorry, you're not my type" and just plain rejections.

• Indians um... I don't know I really don't see a lot of Indians around my globe or my square . All I have to say if you religous pray about it. if you not then just stop looking and it will come to you I know it will

• idk. I personally don't care about a persons skin tone or ethnicity. I look at other aspects of a person. and looking at your picture you seem pretty attractive.

• People are a$$holes and brainwashed by colorism. This comes from a mix, of the standard in Asia being that rich people stayed indoors and poor people worked outside. Also the reason some people of color will date whites but not other non whites is the "white is right" brainwashing. So it goes: white people #1, their own race #2, other non-whites #3. It just comes from colonization.

It's the same in parts of Latin America also I'm pretty sure in South Asia too. I'm a Chinese girl and I find not only Chinese / East Asia guys attractive but also Indian, Black, white and Hispanic guys, doesn't matter the tone.

by the way people in an Asian country thinking that brown guys have an accent or smell - those are white supremacist stereotypes coming from the colonial mentality of kissing English a$$. People of color did not start those stereotypes. The colonists started it to divide and conquer.

• Every girl is different

• I personally like middle eastern or pakistan guys. Who cares about skin color! If their face is hot. I'm a Asian girl and used to have crush on this really really hot Indian guy.

I always wondered whether Middle Eastern guys or Indians like Chinesse, Korean or Japanese? (I mean girls with small eyes)

• I live in the US and I live in a city that's pretty diverse where race is not really an issue. I've seen plenty of brown guys (Indian, Pakistani, Mexican, etc.) get with girls that are a different color. Vice versa with darker skinned girls and light skinned guys.

I think in your case, you're going to places where race is relatively homogeneous and people are generally more used to sticking with what they know and find familiar (like an all white school in America, mostly natives in India and China, etc...). You'll probably have better luck somewhere where it's a cultural mixing pot and people are less likely to judge by the color of your skin

• Beijing is pretty diverse. There are a whole lot of foreigners here.

• I personally just don't usually find myself attracted to such peoples, not something I can control or know why... it just is.

• East Asian girls prefer light skin (white and east asian). You'll have better luck in a location with girls who appreciate dark skin.

• Well I can't seem to figure out a location with girls that do appreciate brown skin. I don't know why it's such a big deal. I personally don't care whether a girl is black or yellow and what not.

• Colour doesn't bother me, I think people should date all races and cultures. My boyfriend is leboneese and pakistani

• I'm not Asian and don't live in China, but my best friend is Chinese and I know her family was always very specific that she's expected to only get involved with Chinese men. She was terrified to introduce a white boy to her parents.

There are plenty of women who are either interested in Indian guys, or who don't care either way about skin-color. You may have just gotten unlucky. I don't think that any skin color is ugly by any means.

• I'm not saying brown skinned Indian guys have no shot but our option in women are extremely limited. Brown skin color might not be ugly but the majority of the female population do find it ugly and not attractive. You'd hardly see any non-white girl saying "I'm not attracted to white guys" yet you'll find tons of women, even including Indian girls saying "I'm not into Indian guys".

What Guys Said 4

• Because of common mentality, bro.

I'm not talking about whole white population but they believe in general that Indian men are very rude and don't know how to talk with women; also they think Indians are greasy and smelly. I really don't know how this mindset has been fixed in them :/

you can't just form opinion about whole race if you met only few people of that race, you know.

• That's because a lot of old generation of Indians do smell really bad when they go overseas. Like the ones who smell like curry off their clothes and not use deodorant or a decent cologne. There's quite a few amount BUT that's not the reason why women in general aren't attracted to brown guys. They see us as inferior, including many Indian women themselves and also find our brown skin color disgusting.

• Yeah but skin color is a huge deal breaker for many girls if you're brown. No many how intelligent you can be. There are rare exceptions though but the our skin color just isn't appealing to the masses.

• Okay dude , I'm gonna be honest here .. I'm studying medicine here in India and we have girls from US and Canada also .. in fact one of the girl from colorado offered me straight to have sex with her lol I asked her why is she attracted to me ? then she told me I have good sense of humor and good body LOL :P rather than white guys where she lives(and many other things)... So, if you're good at something ,which others aren't ,skin color doesn't matter if you get what I'm trying to say. :)

• I hate to break it to you, but Indians aren't perceived as being strong and manly. Whenever I think of an Indian, I think of the guy that I talk to for tech support.

I mean this with no malice. Just my observation based on personal experience.

• when will people understand that It has nothing to do with the color of the skin.

Its like the same guys who complain "I am not good looking so I am not getting any girls"

If your game is tight...she doesn't have a chance but to fall for you.

• White girls just aren't into Indian guys, period. Unless you look like that guy on Dancing With The Stars...

Asians don't like dark skin, period. It is purely unattractive to them. And the only reason a small minority would still like Black guys is because they are attracted to the stereotype.

You're gonna have lots of trouble getting women. But if you get in the gym and get built, flaunt it off, you'll do really good.

(Don't mean to be harsh but I'm just telling you the truth.)

• Generalizing alot, period.

• Generalizing? Let me clarify.

These attitudes account for the predominant majority of each group I spoke of.

Being politically correct isn't helping this guy to improve his love life.