Help! I just got out of a 6 year relationship and I don't know how to date anymore!

Help! I just got out of a 6 year relationship and I don't know how to date anymore! Please give me pointers... Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• People now are not so much ito the 'dating game' any longer. You meet people on an equal footing, so you can't just hang around waiting for a guy to ask you out any longer. You'll have to try to get someone into a conversation, try to get to know them by doing things together. The tradtional formalized dinner and driving ritual..isn't for most guys any longer, so don't expect that.

Try joinig clubs for people with your interests, going to coffee shops, and lectures, where interesting people tend to show up!

What Guys Said 4

• II'm 25 years old and I have never had or girlfriend oe been on a date. So at least you understand how to go about beibg in these situations. I'm so freaking scared that I can hardly look at girls anymore. Besides the fact that I might be goibg back to school which girls do jot like for a 25 year old. All tje girls at work are too young now beaiides I'm too shy and introverted for most girls to even want to get to know me. So at least you know that you can meet someone. I have no chance.

• try meeting someone online

• - don't over think .. don't lead on .. don't send mixed signals .. be confident .. have fun .. be yourself .. lower your expectations

• lower them?!?! Why?

• Lower expectations are easier to climb over. In turn you won't be dissatisfied easily. You don't want to come across in a judging manner. Also having an intention when going on a first date will take your mind off the whole expectations thing. Expectations comes at a later time when a relationship is formed. Your intent should be on getting to know that person, what they like, and what you have in common. That's golden information for a follow up date should everything go well.

• TheInsideMan ---> great words .. + .. you are vulnerable right now any disappointment might hurt you badly so you need to manage your expectations

• since you are a girl you don't really need to know how, because for girls it just happens, you don't have to initiate anything, it just comes to you

• Well it keeps getting harder and harder. But I guess heading out, and if you like someone, go and talk to them, and see if you can hit it off with 'em. I'm always trying to find ways to meet people too. I've been single for way too long.

What Girls Said 0